92 nissan nx motor swap

hey, i have a 92 nissan nx and i want to do a motor swap. or find out wut the best route is.i only have the 1.6l :frowning: . i was thinkin of the sr20det bluebird. but any suggestions would be great. thx

Give Niel at Speedworks a call. I think they have a fwd SR20det sitting at the shop.

http://www.n-e-c-c.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=397

To swapn an SR20DET into a car that came with the 1.6L is a lot of work. First of you’ll have to find a tranny and axle and all that crap from an NX2000/200SX SER 95-97/INfiniti G20. That’s just the start of it. THen you’ll need someone to do the harness so everything in the car works. Then you’ll have to either get an Greddy emanage or an Apexi S-AFC. Or you can just send your computer to JIm Wolf Tech.

It’s going to cost you a lot of money, but that would be a fun project to do and you’ll have a super fast car.

Or you could just turbo you 1.6L. Gives you great number and it’s a lot easier to do.

Max

just so that you know, we now have 2 FWD sr20de transmissions, axel sets, mounts etc.
we can also get all the necessary mounts to convert from 1.6 --> sr and they are quite inexpensive. we also have one bluebird sss sr20det instock with full harness and ecu that we ran while it was still in the half cut.

The FWD conversion from 1.6 to sr20 is very popular in the states and we knew it is just a matter of time before it catches on here.

Give me a call if you want prices or to discuss the options.

Neil.

will axels from a ga16de nx fit when i do a sr20det motor swap?

Don’t think so.

how about axels from a sentra sr20de?

Yeah that would fit.

also i am redoing my front end and i was wonderin on my 92 nx when i take my rad support off then put a new one on does it have to be spot welded or does it just bolt back on? thx

Was the old one spot welded back on? You should be able to just bolt it up.

don’t know if its spot welded on yet. i haven’t taken it off yet. i hope it doesn’t have to be spot welded. how about lowering springs for my nx? r they the same as any other nissans? sentra maybe? cause i want sum and they seem to be hard to find for the nx

The rad is just bolted on. It should only take a few minutes to remove/replace it.

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=87887&highlight=BB+ecu+us*

well i finished my front end, i put on the new rad support, left fender and bumper and it looks great. the rad support was welded all over. i just bolted it back on for now. next project. the sr20det motor swap.

here is sum pics during the tear down and puttin back together of my front end. and the rad support was welded all over. it took me a day to get the rad support off.

Looks good!

Pretty dark in that garage. lol