sr20det in a 200sx?

Hey everyone,

My friend plans to put an sr20det into his Nissan 200sx. Is this possible since his car is FWD? i kow all you 240sx’s are droppin them in. I know you guys are RWD though, so will it still work on his FWD?

And yes…i am a n00b to nissans so leave me alone :oops: hehe.

and to add to my n00bness, what exactly is an sr20det from?

Where to start…

While here is a guy with a 200sx and a SR
http://www.n-e-c-c.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1126

Nissan started using the RWD SR20DET in 1991 Japanese Silvias and 180sx’s. There is also a FWD SR (Bluebird)

What year is the 200sx??? If it is pre 89 then it is rwd s12. If it is 95-98 B14 then it is in fact the fwd car. Sr20’s were in quite a few nissans. There is a fwd n/a version.

sorry guys, it’s a 96 200sx. and it’s definitly FWD. he’s buying the engine from JDM source i believe, and he says he has a guy in calgary that’s going to install it for free. the engine he is getting is the turbo’d sr20det. did they make a turbo sr for a FWD car?

U better believe it!

There is a turbo kit for the sr20de

he is going to have one hell of a time getting that to work. He is getting a rwd motor/tranny. I wonder if his bellhousing will bolt to it??

Yes it is doable. The engine must be from a Bluebird. I sure hope he’s got the SE-R already, if not it’s going to cost him a lot of cash. THe 200SX SER came with the SR20DE motor. THe swap is pretty much straight foward. THe oil pan needs to be grinded at on e place. For the rest it can be a bitch to do.

As far as I know the tranny from Japan and all that doesn’t fit in the 200SX. (They are AWD with thte SR20DET)

Max

wow, madmax, now there is someone that I haven’t seen in a while

I remember there being a 200sx in calgary that had an sr20 in it, cool car but I haven’t heard about it in 2 years though.

laurier

Yeah he’s still in town. He’s got a 98 green auto SER. Goes pretty good.

If the guys name is Anthony I met him tonight. Max he has a ga16de in his car like you, I left you a message tonight about where you bought your turbo manifold.

ya his name is anthony haha. where’d you meet him?? that’s crazy

I saw his post on beyond and pm’d him. I had to see what engine his car came with. If it was an se-r it would have an sr20de in it making it fairly simple to do a swap but with the ga16de, it costs quite a bit due to the extra parts he needs, ie transmission, motormount brackets, axles, etc.

Search around on this site, as I beleive this topic was raised a little while ago as to what was needed to do the swap, including some information. Unless I"m on crack. lol

I’ve got your message. I’ll call you this week. I was at hockey when you called me. I got the manifold from JGYcustoms.com but it toke for ever to get it here. Protech makes it though. I was trying to find his post on beyond but couldn’t find it. I would recommend to go with the www.hotshot.com kit, way better (Plug in a play) sorta thing.

MAx