who wants to help me?

hey, who wants to help me with a moter swap into my NX2000 planning to do the GTI-R swap i just need to get the funds, talk to those who have possibly done a FWD SR20DET swap. and find a place that i can use for a weekend so i can do some engine bay clean up and the sort

As far as I know I am one of the only people on this board that has done the fwd sr20det swap. It’s not to hard, just plan on spending double on what you think you’ll spend. I can probably help with most your questions and I’d give you a hand if you are in calgary.

Dan

well, if it seems that im only able to find someone to give me a hand in calgary i may pick up my moter in calgary and swap in calgary.

where did you get your moter from? what moter did you get? and do you like the choice you made?

I got my latest engne from jdm source and it’s in pretty good shape. Mosly because I went down there and got my choice of the bunch. I went with the bluebird sr20det as it is supposed to be an easier swap, there’s a few thing you need to do for the gti-r swap but I can’t remember them. You should be able to find that info online though.

ok awesome i’ll prolly end up dealing with them and probably get the BB moter just cause its cheaper and either way im gonna ave to rig up a FMIC. :axe: and then do some modification to my front bumber cause NX’s are not as boost friendly as the average sentra.

For some of the extra parts like a downpipe and other bits and pieces you may need, try www.jgycustoms.com . But any muffler shop can make you one too.

is JGY a canada based frim or is that all US pricing on parts and such, i want to have the cash in hand and a little over and above for the “just in case” circumstances if ya know what i mean. how long did your swap take? if i was going to need assistance and was able to do it at my lot i could offer gas and a place to stay with food if you wanted to help me. cause having someone who’s done a FWD swap would be killer. make my life mucho easier when i do perfrom it. that is if i dont look at it and deice to import myself a pulsar GTIR cause i could get one of those for ~ 5 k US.

no jgy is in the stated, but I think that powertech imports makes down pipes too. I can probably give you a hand on the swap if you are to do it in calgary as I’ve done it twice already.
Dan

wicked do you have somewhere to do it? cause i could worst case get a buddy who has a truck to come down with me cause i dont got a hoist to put the moter in my trunk and i dont really want to do that either ^^ and if i were to come down to calgary and couldt find a place i could for sure work some form of rent or somthin for the weekend however we would work it out