92 s13 dohc swap to sohc turbo

Alright, i just got a 92 s13, and it’s a high km dohc, what i think the best thing for me to do is pull it out, and put my good sohc motor in and have this dohc to build please note I wont be running pwr steering or a/c

so my question is am i missing anything here in what needs to be done?

sohc transmission(doesnt match to dohc because of knock sensor?)
sohc engine
sohc exhaust(this can’t match up to dohc can it?)
sohc computer
sohc harness

is there any differences with the driveshafts?

thanks for any and all help in advance ~

If I remember correctly tranny and exhaust are the same… you should just be drop and go other than the dash plug… you will need to cut and splice in the opposite order of the SOHC to DOHC swap. You will also need a SOHC tach.

theres somethin about the dash? sorry maybe more of an idea what your talkin about, but ok ill take the whole gauge cluster out of my other car…

but since im swapping harness and computer shouldn’t that be everything? whats this dash thing all about

Ohh you’re swapping engine harness, dash harness and cluster? You should be fine then.

ok I also need throttle cables correct? Is there any difference in driveshafts?

this is a dohc hicas subframe with running hicas…

please any input guys~ need to know everything i need before i scrap this i’d hate to be like f’k i forgot something

Ummmm… what else hicas may be a problem try to get a non-hicas subframe, and a KAE ps lines and resevoir as they are on the other side, driveshafts SHOULD be the same.

drive shaft is the same
tranny is the same regardless of whoever told you it isn’t
tach is different
PS pump and reservoir are on the other side so you need the sohc pump, reservoir and lines
ignition coil and/or ignitor is different too IIRC
only part of the wiring harness that is different is the dash connector by the glove box, the rest plugs in.

i think that was all your questions you asked, post some more and i’ll try to remember to check this thread.

Yeah, thanks brendan, how did your flat-top KADE work out man, haven’t talked to you forever!

still havent built that motor yet, thats not very close to the top of a long list of things to do, haha.

so the hicas will cause some probs?

and about the dash harness, is it hard to pull/do the dash harness? or should i just connect every wire myself and sodder them

they’re all gonna be the same colours right

Just grab a harness and cluster off the SOHC car and it should swap right in, that way all the wiring is essentially SOHC and you’re converting the car from DOHC to SOHC (so from 91-93 to 89-90).

If you decide to get rid of those power steering lines and pump off the dohc, let me know.

also need power steering lines and resevoir.
ill give you my sohc ones jamz.
if you need and sohc shit soon let me know!
and btw how does your lip fit on your new car? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: not too good eh!
pm me your price b

aka i want your doch power steering lines and resevoir **