93-02 Camaro/Firebird

I have a 98 Trans Am Convertible, Ram Air Hood, It’s the one year purple color. Original LS1 blew a piston because previous owner accidentally dropped a bolt in the intake during a LS6 intake swap and didn’t realize it was in there. I put in a 2000 LS1 with 80k miles with a ton of new parts. All new gaskets, oil pump, water pump, timing set, Z06 cam, new lifters, COMP push rods, heads were checked over and cleaned up, new sensor, new pacesetter long tubes with Y pipe, borla exhaust. 4L60E was rebuilt by Niagara Transmission - 0 miles on it. Installed a Lokar tranny dipstick. Stock 3:42 posi rearend with a girdle cover. Body is very nice - no rust anywhere. It does have some spider webbing on the nose and a bit on the rear - it is 15 years old now. Top is as nice as you will find on a 98. All options, but AC has been removed.

It’s not quite 100% goign yet. It will crank up and start, but still need to tie up the vacuum lines, install new MAP sensor after loosing original - not one in it yet, install MAF, block off EGR, It runs like crap because of this stuff not on the motor yet. Sounds mean - currently just the headers installed. Needs tires - especially rears.

This is a rare car - only 1519 TA Convertibles in 1998. IT IS NOT A REAL RAM AIR CONVERTIBLE!! If it was, I wouldn’t be selling it.

AS-IS, you finish the rest (I have all the parts) $6k. If I finish it will be for sale in late March, early April for $8k. It’s not currently for sale anywhere.
http://thesherwoodgang.com/cars/98TAVert/TAVert1.jpg

I should have stated I am not a fan of convertibles, sorry guys, I never see them on the road but when I put out a feeler 3/4 of the offers are Verts, strange

Lots of LS1 hard/T-tops for sale. Ever use searchtempest? Plug in how far you are willing to travel and it will give you results from every CL city in that range. Under $6k, there is one in Rochester and one in Syracuse.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/3472926769.html

I know you said no to “higher” miles and probably have already viewed this car but it seems to be in decent shape. Plus he is willing to take $10k.

Mine isn’t LS1 (~400 hp LT1)
Mine isn’t Low miles (107,000 miles)
Mine does have all maintenance done (all fluids, etc)
Mine does have a brand new TorSen differential, $4,000 worth of suspension work, and 17x11 ZR-1 wheels all around with 315/35/17 tires (along with stock 16s and 255 tires)
Mine is gutted and weighed 3,100 lbs on Eksten’s scales
Mine is 1 out of 8 ever produced (black, Formula, no AC, crank windows, T-56 transmission)

Let me know if you’re interested.

yeah I have seen the car on wnyfbod, it’s nice but for the price I would want more mods.
I have a few in mind some far, cammed 98 SS 6 speed - $9500, cammed/stalled 15k mile 2002 Z - $12,000 , 370ci/stalled 98 Camaro Z $7k…

I don’t want to travel more than 3 hours or so and really don’t want to spend more than $12k

I am planning on looking at the 98 Z on Weds

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

send me a pic and a price, thanks

Mine is still like new. Just sayin.

I thought the next move was gonna be a ZR1.

sadly life happened

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

I know I am still considering it