somone needs to find me a LT1 Firebird...

I want one. Vert or T-tops (preferrably vert). Manual tranny a must.

you need the blue/green mica paint too…

my aunt had a 95 with that paint and it was baller

they are awesome looking cars. 285hp is plenty for me. 6 speed. RWD. V8 rumble. Convertible or T-tops = win for the beach. I think this is really what I want.

285 is only in 96 and 97

its a 5.7L. Its not like I couldnt make it as fast as I want for uber cheap.

93-95s are 275

10 less HP and no OBDII? Sounds like a fair trade.

wrong!93 only 94-97=285

screw the Lt1ost, I know where thiers 2 sweet looking SS’ are :yum:

LS1 >> LT1

-TJ

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Camaro-ALL-SLP-opt-00-Camaro-SS-CONVERTIBLE-RARE_W0QQitemZ4564320906QQcategoryZ6161QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem > Darkstar.

-TJ

Theres a bunch of TT 300zx’s on autotrader for under 10k

um…i have a shit load of articles that say in 1996 early 95 thats when they switched to the obdII and the two cat set up which is wear they got the 10 more hp at…my 95 Z had only a single cat…and read everywhere that it is rated stock 275 hp

from LS1tech.com
93-95 LT1 F-Body: 275bhp, 325lb-ft
96-97 LT1 F-Body: 285bhp, 325lb-ft

oh ya mikey…93’s are speed density not MAF

obdII better at getting away with emissions

Price range???

US $12,875.00 (Reserve not met) > Darkstar

-MK

dont really wanna go over 8K.

P.S. stop :blah: about engine differences. I couldnt care less. All I’ll probably do is put an exhaust on it.

where? I dont see any. I only saw one and it had 160K on it. Plus anything cheap will have 100k+ miles. I dont know if I really want to get into a 15 year old car that will have expensive replacement parts and is known as one of the toughest cars to work on. For the same price I could get a Firebird that makes almost as much power, will be 5-6 years newer and probably have fewer miles. Replacement (and performance) parts are cheap and readily accessible and im sure its a pretty easy car to work on (if Jeff95TA actually works on his, so can I).

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh right. You say that now. Besides in the long run you’ll save $ on not replacing the opti every year and other busted-ass LT-fun parts. :wink:

My buddy’s '98 LS1 has 140k+ and so far the most major engine part he’s put into it is a water pump, LoL. Oh, and it has been AutoXed all season (which in Cali means about 10 months of the year) since it was bought new every year along w/ track days etc. He did heat the brakes bad 'nough to (literaly) weld the pistons to the clalipers once before he did the 996TT brakes though, and he runs it on 315 R compound at all 4 corners so he ain’t babying it. Not a oil or water leak on the thing. Been through a few clutches, lots of brakes and pleny of susp. mods. But the engine is bone stock from TB to exhaust manifolds. Every LT1 I see leaks oil at the back of the intake manifold, kills optis regularly and is a general PITA.

-TJ

my old one that had over 115k miles on it…never leaked any oilout the back of the intake…and never killed my opti???