93 Civic DX Hatchback

Gotta pay for a wedding :tif:

1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback
Rust free shell, never been through a winter as far as I know/have been told. I’ve owned for 2 years or so now, bought from a member here. It was in really rough shape when I bought it, partially painted, partially sanded original frost white paint, some new panels, unpainted bumpers, wiring nightmare, ghetto muffler etc etc. I went through and fixed/replaced all the wiring issues. They included wiring the slim fan so it kicks on by itself and not a switch, removing the ridiculous gauges, fixing the radio and general tidying of the harness. Then I stripped it to a shell and pulled a couple dents, fixed some scratches and primed/painted the entire car. The engine bay got safety blue and the body got a black called “black gold” which is a PPG color. I had the title changed to black so there were no issues with the man. 3 coats of dupont chromaclear were used after the color. While the motor was out I partially tucked the harness which included running wires behind the fenders and putting the fuse box under the dash. I also cleaned and painted the block and trans high temp silver. I’ll list the mods kind of how I did them upon reassembly so hopefully I don’t forget anything.

Brakes:
GSR front and rear brakes
4040 prop valve
91 Civic EX 4dr 15/16 Master
Goodrich SS front lines
Brembo slotted rotors up front, auto zone rears
Fresh Motul 5.1

Suspension:
OEM struts from a 98 civic with 60k
Eibach Ground Control coilovers
ITR 22mm rear sway bar
Subframe brace I think it’s from RobearRacing.com
Function 7 LCAs ($$$$)
Skunk2 front upper control arms
Adjustable rear upper camber…things

Interior:
Scat Procar driver seat from Summit
Del Sol pass seat
Mugen shift knob
Kenwood CD player w/USB
Sony xplod door speakers
MOMO Champion steering wheel
GSR gauge cluster w/ amber bulbs
Red plaid headliner
OEM integra floor mats
Aerosol rubberized undercoating in back 1/2 of the car
Glove box isn’t broken!

Exterior/Appearance:
16" Spun Supamesh wheels painted black
205/45-16 Hankook rs-2 tires with lots of life left
Carbon Fiber vinyl roof wrap
VIS carbon fiber evo style hood
Ebay black headlights/corners
Cheapo poly front lip
Amber side markers
Carbon fiber spoon style mirrors
JDMshit.com carbon fiber rear wing w/ led brake light
OEM civic mud flaps
PWJDM radiator bracket
Blox cam seal

Underhood:
B18C1 Integra GSR motor, doesn’t burn oil & no leaks
b16 trans with ls final drive, very short gearing and super fun to drive
Partially tucked harness
Greddy header to 2" exhaust and to 2.5" straight through muffler
AEM intake w/ K&N filter
MSD wires
Mishimoto radiator & slim fan
CF spark plug cover
SS clutch line

Maintenance:
Driver side tie rod
T-stat
Water pump
Timing belt
Fuel filter
Plugs (NGK)
Distributor cap & rotor
Cam seal
Valve cover gasket

Known issues:
3rd gear synchro isn’t the best, it doesn’t grind going into 3rd but feels like you forgot to push the clutch in pulling out of 3rd at high rpms.
Hood pins suck, they were $15 from napa and are worth about $5.
The front pads are dusty as hell and aren’t that great in the rain.
Intermittent wiper setting doesn’t work but low and high do.
The e-brake handle is blue as well as the driver interior door handle.
There is a paint sag on the pass. rear fender as well as a run in the clear on the cf hood.
The paint could use a good buff by someone who knows what they are doing. It’s not terrible by any means but I’m not a pro. From a foot away you can see swirls.
The roof had a handful of fish eyes, thus the carbon fiber roof wrap.

Here are a couple pics as well as the link to the photobucket album. One of the pics shows the engine bay with a different header. It’s a replica tri-y header that I couldn’t get an exhaust to work with so I switched back to this greddy header. It can be included in the sale or sold seperate.

I’m looking for $4,000. I will also entertain adjusting the price for more or less parts in the sale. If you want to bring your own wheels, seat, hood or whatever else we can work out a price. I have a stock hood painted to match but it’s got some dents. I’ll sell it as a shell if the price is right. Big items such as engine or suspension I would like a deposit before I remove them. I do have complete rear interior that can be added for more money. It’s black leather seats from an rsx. I will also part the car out but if you want something small that is going to mess with the sale of the car it isn’t going to be cheap.

I really don’t care to hear “it’s going to cost me XXX to repaint/change something”. If you don’t like something like the engine bay color, find a different car.

Any other questions just ask here or PM me. The car is on the road and just passed inspection a few weeks ago.

-Ryan

nice car and good price GLWS

I love it.

Good price man. Glws

this

Glws, beautiful hatch!

Thanks guys.

I’ve been asked by a few people a price on the shell. Without the motor I’ll do $2800. I’ll value the wheels at $300, hood at $200 and seat at $100 so you can deduct those from the total if you want. For example the shell without the items above would be $2200. Hope that makes sense.

how many miles on the swap, this talon didn’t turn out to be what i want,when are you free this week love to check it out,

no clue, it was done 3 owners ago. I’m free pretty much any night of the week, from 5p on.

I see the rub strip recesses have been shaved…is this something you did/had done or previous owner? I know alot of people don’t do it the right way (weld the entire seam of new metal onto the recess lip before using body filler) and then over time vibration and expansion/contraction crackes the bondo where the match material wasn’t welded (I.E. between stitch welds)

does it have rear seats?

I didn’t do it, but it is welded as you can see the penetration on the back of the door skin.

Rear seats can be included, they are rsx leathers.

GLWS! Looks clean plus it has one of my parts on it even though I can’t remember what lol.

Thanks dude. It would have had your ls final drive but it already had one in there when we tore the trans apart, so your final drive is in my garage lol.

And no I won’t trade for your subs, amp, tv, ps3 and laptop. lol eff craigslisters.

Will you trade for a dozen American Flag pins, a lightly rusted civic that hasn’t ran in a couple years, 3 used amps(not sure if they all work), and a signed check for $175? If so please let me know and PM me ASAP! thanks!!!

<3

If you start parting things, I might be interested in the B18.
I love this setup btw.
Looks clean.

If you had 2 dozen pins I might have bit.

Well if you and Jam want to split the motor I’ll pull it. He’s interested in the trans I’m sure we can work something out.

saw this today on delaware, it looked good. GLWS

Thanks, got a 45 year old dude checking it out saturday lol.

wow man nice hatch
GLWS