FS:96 dx civic hatch SOLD

up for sale is my 1996 honda civic dx. Idealy id really like to trade this, with cash on my end for something newer and a little bigger.

So here it is.
1996 honda civic dx
d16y8 motor and transmission swap ( ex motor with roughly around 45k on it since the rebuild)
lowered on egay coilovers.
16’’ black rota gt3, no curbage with good tread on all 4 tires.
civic type r lip kit all around
black housing headlights
6000k hid’s
fake ass mugen grill
acura ls integra gauge cluster swap.
home made cold air intake.
after market speakers all around
ex stock cd player
ex arm rest, center consol.
clean ls acura inegra front seats.

im probably forgetting a few other things, but ill post up if i remember.

the good: awesome gas mileage( mid to low 30’s depending), ice cold ac,minimal rust for a wny 1996 honda,doesnt leak or burn a drop of anything

The bad: When the motor was swapped the gas tank was not and it throws a code, some dents scratches and dings, front and rear bumpers are not painted, little bit of rust starting on the drivers side quarter panel, and its a little bouncy over bumps because of the shitty coilovers.

sorry for the night pictures with the old wheels.Ill try to get some newer ones up.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa319/analbucket/ekblack.jpg

Price is $3400 with the wheels.
$2900 with out.

so this wont pass inspection?

its inspected until well into 2009, but wont in the future untill the problem is fixted.

price for just cash?

eh im really not looking to sell it outright because its my dd and id have no other car. But for the right price i guess i would.

no price and will not pass inspection

how many miles are on the body

this is the perfect DD…what r u doin

i did all the work to the car. i did the motor swap, with the TB an WP. its got a nice stock clutch and runs real smooth.

this is the solution to the inspection issue
http://technet.ff-squad.com/code91.htm
when i did the swap, i didnt even think about the FTPS, and i never got to fix the problem before mike traded cars with me.

this car would benefit ALOT from a real header, and an EX style, under-car catalytic converter. if anyone has questions about the car that mike cant answer, feel free to PM me.

-Brett

if you read it says im not really looking to sell it, id rather trade it and the inspection issue is not a big deal.Ill prob fix it before i even do anything with this car.

the mileage on the body is unknown because the cluster is swapped. My guess is not too much because there is minimal rust and the underbody is super clean and undercoated.

Thanks brett,I forgot to add this car was owned last by him, and has been well maintained.

Its a very good car, but its a little too small and low to be a perfect dd.

pm me a price, i dont have a car to trade so lmk what your looking for and well go from there.
also any paper for the swap, there been alot of random checks on honda latly

OT___

How do you like the HID’s with those headlights?? got any pics? hotspots? cutoff?

I’m looking to do the same thing on my 96 civic. I can’t see shit at night.

also, you would you be willing to sell me your headlight/hid setup?

let me think of a price and ill pm you when i do. I dont have paper work from the swap.But i know the motor and where it came from. Brett bought it from elmysterioso and then swapped it in. Its a clean legit low mileage swap.

i love the hids in my car, but since the head lights are not projectors they dont have a legitimate cut off. If i keep the car i plan on doing a retro fit. 6k or lower is the best for visability id say. Any higher and they are too colorful and obnoxious.

go retrofit if u want a real cutoff… hids in headlights like those blind people

free bump for bretts old car

believe me i know, ive been blinded by many ricers in their golfs around with here non projector head lights.I just dont have the cash right now to do it because im going on vacation at the end of the month.

really mike really?

i thought u were keeping this one? haha

I love it and its just a tw thread lol. i really need something bigger tho

I dont know if i am or not, if the right offer or trade comes along ill sell it.