93 Rx7 Ls2 Project.

Exactly, its just not available here. I’d consider it but since its not available anywhere near me, I cant use it. Its nice to beable to go to any gas station and run on 91-93 octane. Drive anywhere since fuel is anywhere.

It may be cheaper per gallon, but it requires far more volume to make the same power, so the cost is actually a trade off. By the time you calculate how much you’re using, it’s probably costing you more.

Negative. It does burn a bit more, but I’m actually seeing about the same MPG on the new setup as I did with the old. Keep in mind the new setup is a 427 with a big cam, the old was a 348 with a mild cam. So in some ways it’s actually turned out to be more efficient for me. At WOT it’s using more fuel, sure. But it’s also making nearly 200 more RWHP than it did before, that’s a lot more energy so clearly it takes more fuel to produce that energy. But at cruise etc. it takes less throttle-position to do the same speed since the motor is making so much more power/torque so it ends up evening out pretty well.

And I couldn’t make the power I’m making on 91, so it’s not even reasonable to compare cost to 91. If you want to compare costs I’d have to compare to at least 100 octane unleaded which is NOT cheap around here.

There are a few local C6Z guys with similar heads/cam/intakes to mine (both stock and aftermarket short-blocks, but we’re all 427s) who are doing 580-590rwhp using 91 on the same dyno I put down 600 using E85. However, all of them have true 3" exhausts the whole way, I’m still running my stock Ti exhaust (with it’s multiple 180* turns in the flow-path, and ~2.25" pipe) and a 85mm stock C5Z MAF. We’re slapping a better exhaust on it and ditching the MAF this week (hopefully, if all works out) to see what it’ll do then it’s going to the strip Sunday. My builder is going to drive it because I’ll be back in Afghanistan by Saturday.

-TJ

Tell ya what since you know so much tell me how readily available E85 is to get in pittsburgh. Your car would not be a street car in pittsburgh. I personally don’t care how much power youre making, besides the only reason you have more is because I need to swap two parts… in which after all i’ve done to this car is not a big deal, i’m just busy with other things right now.

E85 is available just got be smart and plan around it. I ran it in past and plan so this time around as well. Its cheap power plus smells good.

Who knows when Ill fix that steering rack… I just can’t get motivated haha, i told myself I was going to do it this week as i’m busy the next 2 weekends in a row. Come home from work and just want to lay on my couch. Too many late hockey games… and 4 hours of sleep. It may not be fixed till july when i have some free weekends.

That’s exactly my point though… I dont want to have to do that… ever. The closest E85 station from me is 16 miles, beyond inconvenient. I’m not sure why anyone would be argueing me running E85 or race gas when fuel/timing is clearly not my problem with the current setup.

There dual flash pcms out there for our setups. Where can have two different tunes for different fuels with nothing more then flip of switch

I’m not trying to be an ass, I really like your car and what you’ve done with it (go look at my previous posts in this thread). I just think E85 would compliment your setup soooooooooooooo well. Do a dual flash PCM, or get HP Tuners and a laptop, whatever. Then you don’t have to worry about making sure you can find E85.

-TJ

On the evos you can run two seperate maps, fill it up with either fuel and soon as your AFRS start leaning out or getting fat flip the switch and go easy till she gets stable. the dual flash pcm would be win. I know I am considering it.

Thats fine, i’m just saying I really dont want it. The dual flash setup would be a waste, because aside from the tune I would never drive 30-40 minutes out of my way just to fill up my fuel tank, for 50 extra HP that probably won’t make that much of a difference as i’ll be traction limited. Besides, the fuel is so far from my problems right now. I needs a new exhaust housing and valve springs.

I personally hate things like meth, nitrous, race gas for a car thats driven on the street, track only cars anything goes. I’m not trying to change anyones opinion, but thats mine haha. I want to be able to take it at any point and time and hammer on it like its stock.

Its more then just power you gain from it. How your setup is you engine bay temps are going to effect your iats and will be leaving power on table.
See where your coming from but you have a boosted non factory setup expect to go out of your way more. Its more maintenance then others.
Wexford to Robinson is about 10-15 minutes.

Its more then just power you gain from it. How your setup is you engine bay temps are going to effect your oats and will be leaving power on table.
See where your coming from but you have a boosted non factory setup expect to go out of your way more. Its more maintenance then others.
Wexford to Robinson is about 10-15 minutes.

whose car is this again?

My house to the gas station that has it is 25 min drive with no traffic, there’s always traffic there haha. My average trip takes me 35-40 min depending on traffic to get to jeffs. Thats way out of the way to get gas for a car that I drive pretty much everyday in the summer to work.

You guys are still missing the point here though… I know i have a non-factory setup, maintenance will be more, but expect to drive an hour+ round trip to get gas every time? The point is that if I change my housing, and springs… i’ll be more than happy with where it’s at while I can still drive 1 minute to go fill up my tank. Even with the problems 550rwhp/650rwtq is pretty insane in a 2900lb car. If I knew there wasnt problems i’d be perfectly happy with where it currently is, as far as driveability and how fast it is.

This is just my toy, i’m not trying to set any land speed records. Hell its not even setup to drag race, its setup up for beaverrun, thats why i’m running dual wastegates with 3 psi springs, so I can track it I couldn’t imagine tracking that thing the way the power band hits at 14 psi. Even my tires are 4 road race radials, road tracks are much more exciting to me than dragging.

lol

Its ur toy, u built it and u pay for it so u do what u want with it.

Don’t worry I am. I’m trying to find time to get the car ready to start going to flat out days at beaverun this year. I was only able to make it once last year, since they were on fridays I needed to take vacation days.

I just started a 9/80 schedule so I have every other friday off. Hopefully I’ll be able to make it to more this year.

The car looks awesome, regardless of power levels you can reach, just build it to go have fun at the least amount of hassle.

So I finally got the power steering rack ripped out… took forever, so much shit in the way. Turns out the leak was just a loose flared fitting. A fitting i’ve never touched or removed, somehow just worked its way loose, so loose I could turn the nut with my fingers.