93 Rx7 Ls2 Project.

Haha… i can guarantee it’s louder than any street driven cobra. I had a full o/r exhaust on my 2v’s with loudmouths and that isn’t even in the same neighborhood as this car is right now.

I fired it up and let it idle in my garage with the door shut for 15 seconds… the neighbor 2 doors down came and knocked on my door and said he heard it from inside his house. Just idling. I didn’t even rev past 2500 rpms basically because my ears hurt… :eek3:

Open headers + cam + LSx = louder then any cobra in monroeville… haha

Sick project, what are you doing for exhaust? I will suggest Spintech Mufflers :wink:

Sounds good…gotta be loud as heck, might get better sound quality if you put the camera at your neighbors house…

Well, for a while i’m going to be choking the shit out of it. I have an aftermarket catback that came with the car; but it’s only 2 3/4" pipe. I’m going to hook it up to that for a while just to drive it around.

I really want to go with dual 2.5 pipe the whole way back with SLP loudmouth II mufflers. I had them on my stang and I loved how deep they made the sound. I know lsx and ohc engines dont sound the same at all, but I tried a lot of exhaust setups with my mustang, so that’s where i’m going to start with this one.

Wow. Very nice. A guy by me has a white 90-ish wedge-style RX7 with a 350 in it too… Sounds really good. Keep it up!

Spintechs with large cam are my fav setup

LM2’s should sound decent too, just not a fan of the SLP sound.

i agree…i would go with Spintechs too…

LM’s on a LSX with LT & no cats is horrible IMO

We’ll see what happends, i’ve actualy never heard them on the lsx, i just know i loved them on my mustang.

i think i have a video of a LSX with pacesetter LT, offroad y-pipe with a LM…

Idle
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/SoLowXtreme/Friends%20cars/th_pics055.jpg

alittle rev to about 3-4k i think it was
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/SoLowXtreme/Friends%20cars/th_pics057.jpg

LM2’s are a lot different than the regular LM’s, though. I think the 2’s will be great on that car.

Here’s an LS1 with O/R pipes, cam, and LM2’s

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaVemkHjpew&feature=related”]YouTube - Trans Am idle with TSP 233/239 cam Heads Cam H/C LS1[/ame]

on an LSX + Cam spintechs are the pinnacle of exhausts imo…

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-6r4cYkPu4”]YouTube - GTO with Spintech Catback - Cammed[/ame]

so win!

i have magnaflow dual 3inch under my car. it is big cammed LSX sounds pretty wicked. but whatever you do do not get loudmouth. i hate those on camaros. just a glorified glasspak IMO.

Man… listening to all of those exhaust clips are depressing. Only good thing about a 2v, they sounded amazing whend one right. Really thats the only downside of the lsx motors they don’t sound nearly as good. My mustang sounded soooo deep, these all sound like tin cans.

Also, loudmouth and loudmouth II’s sound completely different. Loudmouth’s sound like garbage on all cars, the II’s sounded great on my mustang.

Sounds like a tin can in my opinion… :cool:

I guess i was spoiled with the sound of my old car. Honestly I dont hear too much difference between the LMII’s and the spintechs from what was posted.

i do agree with you. LSX sounds like crap in comparison to other motors.

well…
i finally looked at this build…
im a mazda fan, and currently drive a fc3s turbo…
you def. did the right move…yes the rotary can suck, and i can tell you that 1st hand…its an aquired taste or something
anyway when i blow my 13b up, im putting a custom 5.o setup in it…

simply awesome build bro…

Thanks!

I’m having some serious trouble tryin to get my speedo and tach to turn on. I have all my other gauges working. The speedo and tach don’t even turn on. :wtf:

hmmmmm

im not sure on that part…
have you gone to rx7club? theres a few guys on there with ls swapped 7’s…they can probably give you a better idea…

im having a problem with my stock, oil guage…after i put a clutch in it , it stopped working…i was told to buy this relay…so i did, and that didnt help…
and i know im getting proper oil pressure…cause otherwise the turbo wouldnt spit oil out…

but, rx7’s have very poor wiring…
maybe its time to make your own dash configuration???

^ I fixed the tach… needed a pull up resistor because the ls2 computers use a 5v square wave for the tach, ls1s and the rx7 use a 12v square wave.

Anyway, I got my coilovers installed so I could adjust the ride height. :wackit:

I was going to take pictures, but the camera ran out of batteries and the charger is at my parents house so I wont be able to get it till this weekend.

booo…no pics…lol

congrats on getting the Tach str8’n out…we had a similar issue on JJ’s Race Blazer & the Tach cuz of the LS2 ecu’s as well

i sure its sexy as fuck, 3rd gen with an ls, and some lowering…
im getting hard just thinking about it…

also exhaust, just run straight 3" …fuck mufflers…