95-00 Taco Owners Please Read!

Hey guys if any of you have a 95-00 Toyota Tacoma you may want to get the creeper out and check your frame. Toyota has a recall out there for all 95-00 Tacomas. I checked out my dads the other day, and it had a huge hole in it. He made an appt at the local Toyota Dealer. They put it up on the lift and did not pass. They took the truck from him, giving him a 09 Pontiac G6 GT to drive until Toyota cuts him his check…which by my understanding is KBB value in excellent condt…plus 150% on top of that…The link below gives you all the info…Its worth checking out

http://blog.lexus.com/2008/03/living-up-to-ou.html

old news

Definately old news, drive by Sptizer in Monroeville. There are a ton of them lined up that have been repurchased.

My buddy’s '02 is rusting badly (frame), but it is not covered (02 is same truck a 2000 for the most part). The rest of the truck is perfect, though. Kind of a shame. They should offer to replace the frame on these trucks (not really a big job, maybe farm out to independant shops, since dealers aren’t really setup to do this). The trucks are good trucks other than the frame issue, but unfortunately Toyota is buying them back from the owners. I would think most, if not all, of these trucks are paid off & in the end it becomes a cost to the owners, as they need to either purchase a new truck or buy a previously owned vehicle (and get someone else’s headaches).

So wait what your saying is the 02’s too have frame issues? Thanks for the heads up my dad was looking at an 02 haha! I understand where your coming from my dad had his paid off no payment nothing and planned on driving it for 300k. Now hes going to have a payment kinda sucks I felt really bad for him.

what about just fixing it and keeping it?

been repairing toyota frame for a long time. they all rot out lol. i was hoping newere ones would have been better though. usually not a bad job to repair those frames on the truck.

that is the worst though when you have a perfect body toyota and look underneath they are gone or the bed is resting against the cab when the frame breaks or rots in teh center

My buddy just sold his 99 back, and I gotta tell ya, there wasnt anything left to repair. I have seen swiss cheese with less holes. And what metal was left was maybe 1/8th inch thick at the thickest point.

Hell he got just under $17,000.00 and they offered him another $2000.00 if he bought a new toyota.

They don’t have frame issues, yet. But I’ll bet they do in a few years. An '02 taco is basically the same as a 2000 taco.

Drove past Spitzer’s tonight. There are probably 30-40 tacomas all lined up.

wow taht is unreal. didn’t think they would still rot out that bad it almost sounds worse than the older ones

I have one that probably qualifies, I will have to check this out. I don’t drive it anyways and have been looking to get rid of it.

As for driving it in salt I had it in northern Michigan for two winters and roads up there look white during the winter from all the salt they put on them. You go down a dry road in the winter and you have a salt dust cloud behind you, no exaggeration.

What was JB’s truck? Nissan or Toyota? It ended up costing more to fix that truck than it was worth.

From what my buddy said, they are paying 1.5 KBB price for an excellent truck, no matter the condition of yours.

I looked at mine today, I don’t know if it is rusted enough. it has a few bad spots but no holes.

I read the procedure that they use to test. Basically the beat on it with a hammer and see if they can knock holes in it. Mine has alot of rust, definetly enough to make it harder to sell especially since it has a body lift that makes the frame really easy to see. How bad are the one that are bought back.

sounds like urs is one of them,it dont cost nothing,have a toy dealer check it!