95-99 eclipse gsx/tsi auto tranny HELP!!!!

hey everyone i need some help with my gsx.
i belive the torque converter is slipping
everyone i talk to think thats it…ill describe the situation the best i can

on a cold start i go up fire it up if i dont let it warm up and i put it down into reverse or in gear it wont go anywhere. it will act like its in neutral.

if i fire it up wait 5 minutes or so go out there and put it in R or D I have gears! so I reverse out of my driveway, drive approx 500 feet or so to a stop sign stop and the rpms stay up around 1200 like its in N and I cant go anywhere. I have to shut it off wait 30-60 sec and then fire it back up and then it will go and wont do that again.

now after of an hour or so of stop and go traffic when i start slowing down and it starts down shifting it grabs really hard and throws it down to the next gear…it will get so bad that after i stop and start to go again i put it to the floor and it will barely move. it only does that after a lot of stop and go traffic!

on the freeway it runs fine. i drove it to dayton (approx 4 hours on the freeway) and it runs fine. just in stop and go traffic it acts up. now after i drive on the freeway and come to stop and go traffic it acts up like i said.

i forgot to mention that it will only let me power/boost brake up to 1500rpm
when the car was running great and was stock it let me power brake up to 2500 rpm and then the brakes started giving out

the fluid is fine. i just replaced it the fluid and the filter less than 1000 miles ago. the magnets had some gunk on it but they werent looking like mushroom or covered.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA WHATS GOING ON HELP ME OUT
IF ANYONE CAN DO A REBUILD FOR PRETTY CHEAP LET ME KNOW!
I CALLED SHEP RACING, BUT THEY DONT DO AUTO REBUILDS

its not stock so id like a nice 3000+ stall put in it and maybe some nice aftermarket valve bodies, shift kit, etc etc.

thank you for taking your time to help me!!!

anyone? i know there has to be someone out there that has some kind of idea…maybe…

Man sell the car get out while you still can they are all money pits. On a more serious note I am not real familiar with the auto trannys in these things but i would say it is a lock up solonoid. Check in to it.

thats not much help. ive gotten like 50 different “ideas” from people. clogged tranny cooler, the sensors are messed up (tps, iac) solenoids, valve bodies, torque converter, etc etc etc. i need someone with some serious knowledge. there has to be someone

ya know when ya dont take any advice from anyone then why should people give it …I talked to u my dad has rebuilt over 1000 of those exact transmissions and u didnt like what he said so

no…i was getting more opinions thank you. i thanked you and your pops for your advice and was EXPLORING other options/opinions