97 camaro lt1 supercharger

those of you who have helped me before thankyou. i got the car out here finally now im bored.

im looking into a forced induction system. ive heard that the vortec’s are nice but they chew belts. what can i expect to have to do to the internal engine if i go nuts and get something that’s pushing over 15 psi. any insight would be helpful. thanks guys.

LCPL St George, Stephen M
1 MEF 7th ESB
Camp Pendleton, CA 92055

if you push anything over 6psi on a stock shortblock it’s not going to last long. The pistons and rings can’t handle boost.

The stock crankshaft can handle about 500-550whp but I wouldn’t push past that.

Best bet is to just do forged internals. You will only chew up belts if you pulleys are garbage and don’t have good tensioners. If it really becomes a problem just upgrade to a larger ribbed setup

At minimum you would want a good set of forged pistons and rods. Depending on budget you could also upgrade the crankshaft and have billet 4 bolt main caps installed on the block. With the forged pistons you could drop the LTx compression to be more boost friendly on premium pump gas.

How about an intercooled Procharger P1SC or D1SC system? We are still running our winter sales on all Procharger systems and we also offer discounts for active military as well as veterans. If you have any questions PM or call

as far as the different kits, is an aftercooler necessary? and how difficult is it to time these engines with the distributer being under the water pump?

Ls1 swap

timing is done electronically, not through messing with the distributor

Procharger systems are intercooled (air to air) unlike the air to water aftercooler on the Vortech systems. If you want to keep you compression stock and run 8-9 psi it is nice to have an intercooler. Timing is done with the laptop so no need to move anything on the optispark

cool. thanx guys im used to carborated engines easy timing. this is the newest car ive done any serious work to.

new idea, im looking for a twin screw blower. any ideas where to start or is it not availible for the lt1? thanks

There are no kits out for the LT1 for a twin screw, they have to be custom done and honestly aren’t worth the money to do so.

Alvin at pcmforless did one before so if you want to ask him about it his email is alvin@pcmforless.com

He’s usually very busy in the shop so he might take a while to respond

No bolt on kits available. So that means lots of time for fabrication and $$$$. You would be better off with a Procharger for size and power output and bolt on goodness

There is also a guy (Jon) that goes by RealQuick on various fbody and ltx forums that builds turbo kits for very good prices. He also will tailor it to what you want (abs/no abs, ac/no ac, tubular headers/stock manifolds/log manifolds).

He has a website too but I don’t want to intrude on any board sponsors that might do this kind of work.

RealQuick built my hotside of my turbo setup