how strong are lt1 internals

as far as rods and pistons go. I wanna turbo it so i was wondering if i could get away with 7-8 lbs, but i would really like to build it up so i could run 15 or so. I was thinking manley rods and low comp srp pistons. any suggestions would be appreciated.

they are fairtly strong hold like 5 pbs of supercharger boost with enough fuel so that bottom end will hold up to 7-8 lbs. what you want to do is get a bigger fuel pump or an inline one to keep it gettin enough fuel and try to do a intercooler to keep that intake air temp down.

i say go for it or just go easier and S/C that biznitch. spend the extra 7hundred and get a cam while your at it becaues that will help out with the boost

thanx. i planned on doin a cam prolly lt4 hot cam kit and beefed up valvetrain. i wanna keep the stock heads just to c how far i can go with those. also how much would a custom exhaust manifold be for the right side. thanx in advance.

An LT1 will hold 7-8# if it’s done safely and the motor is healthy. Keeping it closer to the 7 side rather than 8 would probably be safer.

You may want to reconsider the LT4 Hotcam though. It’s not designed with boost in mind, it’ll probably work okay but not as good as a blower/turbo grind from somebody like Comp.

-TJ

I wouldn’t go Hot Cam either. With forced induction you would want more exhaust duration - am I right?

Is emissions a concern for you?

i take back the hot cam after i posted it i realized it wouldn’t be the best, as for emissions its not really a prob cus my friends has his inspection liscensce so he could slap a sticker on it. BTW anybody that knows me knows that i change my mind a million times, bc right now i’m thinking i might wanna do all suspension and brakes this summer and build my motor up then blow it next winter/spring.

Originally posted by lt1power
ias for emissions its not really a prob cus my friends has his inspection liscensce so he could slap a sticker on it.
I assume your car is a '95 or older?

yep 94

Talk to paint balla he’s good with turbo’s

no offesne to p8nt ballah, but no, innovative turbo systems