super charger vs.turbo charger

so id like some opinions which you think would be better for the car. its a 1995 Z28 camaro. i was wondering which would be best because ive heard things about both which are positive and negative so lemme know what you think?

depends on your goals.

well id like to get the most power without having to worry about buring up my engine. i’ve heard that super chargers put a lot more stress on the engine then a turbo.

Then a procharger at 7 psi tuned correctly would work perfect for you. I wouldn’t say superchargers put more stress on the engine as a blanket statement. All depends on the setup

I always thought turbos put more strain on motors because of the excessive heat and pressure.:shrug:

since i’ve developed 2 wicked rod knocks in 2 different LT1s over the past 1.5yrs, my .02 would be on starting out with an LS1. aside from being an absolute bitch to work on, the likelihood that you Will be doing more work on it esp once boosted will increase significantly

spend the extra $$ you have on the better engine and go from there. There are a lot of reasons why the LT series only lasted 5yrs.

Supercharger.

Easier.
Cheaper.
And you can only throw a little boost at it anyway… so why go with a more expensive and complicated system to run 5-7psi?

Go with a supercharger, Its easier with alot less work involved.\Plus its instant power with no need to wait for a turbo to spool.

i agree

hey noobs : pressurized air is pressurized air, it doesnt matter if its from a blower or a snail, unless you’re not intercooling, in which case you deserve to blow up your motor

true however the answer to that is one system is more efficient which i think the original question posed was…

surprised nobody has asked this yet…

what kinda budget are you working with? who is doing all the work?

Turbo

ask razy lt1. he has a very reliable 500 hp lt1 that was a beautiful setup

N/A LS1 swap > boosted LT1

Right LZ?

Turbo lag is sooo old school! That coming from a guy that runs a 86 Buick Grand National!! LOL. Anyway, I agree, if you only can run 7lbs, go S.C. I’ve owned & worked on so many cars with turbos, thats what I know & like. Turbo lag can be almost or completely non existant if done right. Turbos require no h.p. to run, unlike a S.C. that uses a chunk of the HP it just helped make. Either way, you are going to be limited by the motor you are running. Try & get a LS engine then start throwing $$$ at it.

It’s an lt1… I’d supercharge it. . .

Although if it was an ls1… turbo that pig.

Simple

whats the red line for an LT1? and is it auto or stick? Definatly turbo an LS1 because the higher RPM capabilities make the tubo very effective. For a lower RPM car I’d say supercharger for sure.

Last I checked centrifugal superchargers were not “instant power” either. You’d have to go with a twin screw for that.

is it an auto or manual? with manual id say supercharger, with auto id go turbo either way i hope theres alot more going on then just throwing one or the other on. everyone saying SC is better because its better for low boost is right but if your doing it right and building a motor for it you can run lower compression and up the boost. if your not building a motor but wanna go fast get a 100 shot and save for a motor build.