Very confused

Ok i look on jackson racing .com at there superchargers. They have one for my Ls . Its $2k. Now I look at there dyno sheet. But It goes 129whp. And with the supercharger its 160whp. Do you really only get 30hp ?? Cant u do something else for 2K that will get u more hp then $30. Cant u do like Cams and other shit. It seems like the supercharger is a rip off

I am not to sure about these honda’s but wouldn’t starting with a better platform help you out all together?

Ehh turbo the ls and make 300whp :naughty:
Very simple setups will do it with ease under or right at the 2000 price range.

Supercharging a honda is like taking all your money and burning it but keeping 1 dollar. You still have something but it isnt worth a damn.

You get good usable power for autocrossing, where having 900000HP in a FWD car is a liability.

The reason the LS kit sucks for power is because it’s only using the little 45 cubic inch charger. I’m pretty sure the VTEC kits pick up 50hp and more torque because they use the bigger 60 (or is it 62) cubic inch charger.

Don’t you need a job???

No i got one.

oh ok. just checking :smiley:

sammy on here sold his turbo kit for 1200 that would have been plenty enuff for you

:bigthumb:

4 cylinders like turbos more than superchargers since most 4 cylinder engines lack tq already adding a supercharger has parasitic power loss since its belt driven off the engine, meanwhile a turbocharger is using wasted exhaust to make its power and is alot more upgradable

Don’t listen to all the people trashing superchargers, they’ve never owned one and only are repeating BS they hear on the internet. I had a supercharged CRX with a D16 and it put down a solid 50 extra HP (on the stock pulley) on our dyno here at work. The torque is fantastic, you’ve got boost right off the line and anytime you mash the gas. It’s much more usable power than a peaky turbo that’s tuned for maximum HP numbers-especially on the street, at an autocross or on a roadcourse.

Sure, you don’t have a bazillion HP like you would if you cranked the boost up on a turbo but you have ZERO lag from a using too big of a snail but you have power everywhere across the power band instead of just the top end. In my experience the supercharger is an excellent choice for a daily driver or a car used for any type of motorsports except for drag racing.

If you stay out of the boost by watching a vacuum gauge the car will drive exactly like a stock car and nobody will be the wiser because there is a bypass valve that keeps the car from buiklding boost unless you really get on it. In other words you don’t ever get a jerking feeling when just tipping into the throttle, everything is smooth and gradual. The only upgrades that I did to my car to make the supercharged engine bulletproof was to install a Walbro high output fuel pump in the tank, a rising rate pressure regulator and I also added cleaned and flow tested fuel injectors. The stock ignition and fuel system worked perfectly fine and I didn’t need to run a stand alone or hacked ECU to make everything work properly.

If you want big HP numbers to impress your friends then get a turbo. If you want a cool point and squirt car then get a supercharger.

im by no means bashing superchargers, my only point is i think they do alot better on bigger engines…

agreed, if I dident plan having big power in time i would have never have bought the turbo setup, i would have went with a jackson racing setup, for sure,
anywho if u supercharge the with the 9lb pully, you can prob get around 185 useable whp, witch will be relable, and be fairly quick straight line. but once your there to get more power you gotta spend alot more loot…

how much is a charger setup for an ls motor?

Oh, don’t forget to get an LSD for your car if you go with a supercharger because your inside wheel is useless (spinning like crazy) in most turns when powering out.

I agree with jim about everything but the road course part, as the road course involves a lot of drag racing.

i do no understand what you are trying to say here?

Well yes and no … my friend had a b16a with the jackson charger … it was a dog (mind you in a heavy 99 si) but still. He had the jackson b16a charger kit (with larger charger) also the upgrade kit and water injection system all from jrsc. Needless to say he sold the charger and went with a small t3/t4b setup and the car at the same boost ran 1.5-2 seconds faster in the quarter and still had more mid-low end torque to the wheels. Yes off throttle to on throttle the charger will spool a little faster but the mid power gains are worth the little lag he had.

People dont kill the charger from just what they hear a properly sized turbo setup for your goals will spool just as fast and make much more usable power. Sorry not being a dick, its just true. If you look into the heat cycles in itself its nasty in comperison to a turbo car. Now again without a intercooler turbo cars blow balls too but MOST any one will not recommend running it without one. The roots style charger jackson uses just doesnt flow enough air for a higher revving 4 cyl and they cause too much air turbulence thus loosing all power above a certain boost level or rpm. These charger do work awesome in stock cars such as the jaguar and fords that incorperate them but they tach to maybe 6K or so not 6.5-7K.

Again if interested in a great simple setup nothing I MEAN NOTHING spools faster than a junkyard kit with a DSM T25 turbo. Spooled so fast that the fmu couldnt supply fuel fast enough and you HAD to run a proper managment system or you would kill the motor from lean mid-range. And the turbo held till 6K or so then power slowly dropped off. Great setup for single cams but I also know of great turbo for the LS motor that will shock and aww you.

jackson has the ls at 1900 . But from work i can get it for 1500

Getting around a road course fast means drag racing down 2 different 1000’ drag strips, in addition to the twisty parts.

Turbo>Super. Sperchargers are great if you wanna put a bunch of shit on your car and never drive it. Sounds cool to. :1320: