super charger vs.turbo charger

You would want a higher revving motor to be supercharged, seeing as centrifugal SCs are belt driven and higher RPMs = more potential boost.

well me and one of my friends would probably be doing the work if it isnt to much work. and i dunno really what my budget would be depends on how expensive it would come out to be in the end most are like around 5 grand right?

just to make eveything easy supercharge it. Remember all the cost inc. fuel system upgrade tune and any kind of motor work for target hp.

Obviously…

Do a heads/cam LS1 swap :headbang: 440-450rwhp then you could hit with a 100 shot all day :tup:

You want linear power? Spray it for under $1k.

You want to go FI with linear power, roots type supercharger.

You want FI and want a higher powerband, with more “potential”, go Turbo or CS.

Each and every one of those options, if well implemented, will give you a broad power band, good response, and a very decent bump in horsepower.

Blah Blah only 7psi people… you do realize that if you boost (turbo or CSC) an engine with the proper parts 7psi is still holy shit performance.

turbo it if you plan on having it because you can upgrade it when you need more power

That makes no sense. You say that as if you can’t make more power above 7psi on a SC. Not to mention, making more power on a Centrifugal SC is super easy.

Swap out the pulley. Bigger injectors if needed. Tune. And done.

5 grand for a motor, rear end and misc suspension parts you will need when you make power ie subframe conectors, control arms etc. I wouldnt plan on throwing a SC or turbo on a stock motor and it lasting. the fact you are even asking these questions, you and your friends are not ready for what youre trying to do you should be over 5k getting your car ready for FI. its much cheaper to build a motor then fix it when shit breaks.

turbo is easier. twist the boost controller from the drivers seat. :wink:

Brian

lol true to that. I was just saying, everyone acts as though it’s so hard to up the boost on an SC.

nah its not that hard unless you have to use special pullers to get the pulley off.

Brian

pooper charger…need more power? get a smaller pulley…
turblow…need more power? get a bigger turbo…

with a turbo going for more power and to keep the efficiency of it you have to upgrade the whole thing…so you’re talking a little bit of money for a pulley or a lot of money for a new turbo…

Thats a pretty moot point seeing as most turbos will make more power than most S/Cs. I know making 400whp on my car with my S/C is quite a feat, even at 15psi (the SCs max) but people with GT28s or GT35s can make that at ease.

so much shitty info in this thread, wow

right…but…say he gets a 35R and uses it on a stock motor…he decides to then build the motor, making the 35R max out at like 4K and just blow piss hot air in the motor when he gets in the higher rpm band…see what i mean? you can take a supercharger and swap the pulley out for more power, with a turbo to make more power obv. you can raise the boost via boost controller, but once the turbo hits it max efficiency you’re gonna be hurting yourself and then you need to go bigger to make more power in the new turbo’s efficiency range…and besides anything smaller than a GT40 on an LT1 or LS1 is fucking stoopid because your gonna max the bastard out extremely quick, unless you twin turblow’d it, but then you’re talking lots of $$$…for the sake of arguement, supercharging a car is cheaper with respect to making more power for less $…i know what im trying to say but i dont know if i said it how i was thinking it or if i even made it sound half way intellegent lol

back on topic…for a better idea ask chuck (firehawk853) or bill (turbo_ls1) some of the pro’s and con’s of both setups…im sure they’ll both have a list of junk that makes them happy in their pants and a list of junk that makes them want to punch babies regarding their setup’s…

but once the supercharge hits it max efficiency you’re gonna be hurting yourself and then you need to go bigger to make more power in the new superchargers efficiency range

not trying to pick a fight, just saying it works both ways…

learning to plan ahead is the 2nd best mod you can have, right behind the “driver mod”

I cant believe nobody has torn this kid up yet.Do research.Not nyspeed research.If you have to ask the benefits the project is probably over your head.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1085&highlight=turbo+supercharger