'97 Dodge Neon , built SOHC, $2300

I just took this car in on trade. I just want to see if anyone wants it like this week, or else I am going to register it and put it on the road to drive for a while. It is a pretty built SOHC, compared to my original “batmobile” that made 156/148 on Innovatives dyno back in 2005, this car should run mid to low 14’s @ ~ 95 mph, and it gets 35+ mpg. The catch, it’s hideous. It doesn’t have any rust, but it has a home-brew paint job, so if you care about looks, it will need paint. It has upwards of around 6k in mods, and low miles.

I will get pictures and a full mod list up in the next day or so, but the obvoius are it is a 1997 2 door neon, originally purple, now this flat army green color. SOHC built engine, 5 speed trans with the 4.12 gears in it, and a limited slip. It has less than 65,000 original miles, and has no problems. Leaks no fluids, doesn’t smoke or have any problems, just an ugly paint job.

The mods are pretty extensive. Ed Peters ported SOHC head, Crane 12 cam, INDY intake manifold, iceman intake, longtube header, MSD ignition, HID headlights, phantom grip LSD, 4.12 gears, booger shifter bushings, Koni struts, Mopar High Rate springs, Neon R/T wheels, the list goes on and on.

It has no a/c, no ps, and a lot of weight redux from things like the trunk bracing, etc… It has the Mopar Performance PCM, so it revs to 7500 rpm (or is it 7800, i don’t remember), and passes inspection without a problem. Good for a quickly little daily driver, WONDERFUL for autox, or whatever.

I put my MOMO start seats in it, and those will stay in it if the buyer wants.

Again, I will be registering this if no one wants it, I am just throwing it out there before I have to wait 2 months for the title.

It’s this car, with my MOMO seats, and R/T wheels:

hmmm…I think that flat green looks pretty decent.

holy crap. i should buy this for a DD. how firm are you on the price?

Here is the updated mod list, now that I have gone through it:

Give me a call man, I am sure we can work something out :grouphug:

you’re the best.

also, tell me why i shouldnt swap my srt-4 set up into this thing.

You should. Mark and I did a 2.4 (stratus-based, but same idea) into his '95 and it was awesome. :tup: You’d easily be able to part out the SOHC stuff to pay for the conversion. Slap a stock engine into the SRT4 and sell that too!

I’ll help you swap anything into it. I can build motors, install megasquirt, tune it, and do huge FWD burnouts :snky:

The current build is nice though, because it gets 30+ mpg, and still has a lot of pick up.

30mpg DD is all i need - i need to stop being so bored at work and start thinking responsibly! :roflpicard:

i think the 600lb diet would gimme some decent traps tho.

hmm i might want to dd this too… how loud is it?

mark said its not bad at all and completely DD material.

It has a solid bobble strut, so it vibrates the interior, just like in Cass’s old neon. If I were to keep it, I would swap it out for the stock bobble. The solid one cuts down on wheel hop a lot, but the car is so rigid, it’s not necessary.

And yes, it’s quite dd’able, not too loud at all!

Will probably sell to brandon, but still bump for the chance he doesn’t buy.

wow the 4:12 gears are UBER RARE! you could easily swap in an srt-4 engine/tranny and sell those gears alone for $300-400!!! Parting out that engine/tranny setup will basically pay for your 2.4T setup!

:highfive:

picking her up tomorrow night!

:tup: Sold!