97 m3

Possibly. Cheap and easy fix and I think Benny took care of it. BUY THAT ISH!!! And come racing. The fun kind… not chest thumping circle jerk @ the lot racing. :eek2

if i could sell the gti for what i owe, i would def buy it for sure.

Disclaimer: Track plug -

In the meantime, wanna come to WGI in either the GTI or Vette? Damn good time and you get to drive fast without looking out for the po-po.

Chris and Doug, the owners of ECS are holding a 2 day track event this summer. i was going to sign up but…im a little concerned about my vette and the whole fact that it has over 600whp of SUPERCHARGED power. this makes things hairy in the corners. so…i would love to but im not sure it would be smart. tell me otherwise and i will seriously considered it.

You absolutely could get yourself in trouble, but you could in the GTI too. Anyone can in any car, but if you listen to your instructor, incidents are extreeeemely rare. It’s just a matter of driving within your skills and the instructor’s guidance. You’d pick it up quick. If you remember you have 600whp and dont mash the throttle mid corner, you’ll be fine. If you get caught in the moment and go bananas, it’ll be a smoke show.

While it doesnt seem as fun, I’d recommend taking the GTI first because you’ll have less to worry about. You’ll have just as much fun, maybe more, and you wont have to risk burning up the Vette.

Power is no reason not to go (Jammer did his first track day in his auto convertible 600+whp TA) if you use self control the same way you do on the street.

For part 2 of this sales pitch, email jclark86 (at) gmail.com or IM me. :smiley:

i wouldnt take the GTI unless i put a suspension in it. min a cup kit. the stock suspension is crazy squeshy. i would love to take the vette and learn the limits so to speak but not push the limits u know? drive it carefull but have fun.

pm me and let me know when and how much. i am def interested.

Can I take my truck out on a track?

I would be concerned about extended, multiple pulls with your Vette (stock bottom end/pump gas).

pics of said gti?

PM sent to you aero

Not true — Although “squishy” suspension is not the best set up --if this is a first time out --do not worry about it. You will be spending most of your time trying to find the line, exploring how to brake and turn --and looking for the flag stations. ( and having fun)

I have been flogging an old 318ti the past two events and although I wish I had better suspension --or the 240 right now, it is still a lot of fun. Just make sure the car is safe.
Better to start in a slow , reliable car than worry about maxing out the suspension or engine. These are drivers schools – although Jesse has a full blown race car -( and will be running in a higher group than you) —many/most of the cars there are street cars.

My car is a pos but would make a good track rat I think.

My drivetrain issues are solved enough to warrant me beating the shit out of it in a few hours.

replied