97 Vette in service dept since 9/18/07 updated 4/26, FAIL!!

headlight harness…64.42 each
engine harness… 752.71
cockpit harness… 2944.30
brake system harness… 114.41 each corner
fuel tank harness…123.84

i could keep on going…

eww what kinda rate does that pay time wise?

so how high did the water get anyways ? like to the centercaps on the wheels? top edge of the rims ? touching the side glass ? lol

well just by what they are saying it had to go above the rockers so whats that like 4/6in of water

i didn’t even bother looking that up.

from where the PCM sits inside the dash it was up to the bottom of the radio, plenty high enough to completely screw up all of the harness, not to mention all of the modules. the only good parts left on it are the fiberglass body parts, roof and maybe the engine/tranny/rear end if the rust inside them isn’t to bad.

doh, oh yea I forgot this wasnt a Z… iron frame ftl.

That sucks.

30 min to go?

WE NEED THE FAIL BOAT!!!

The guy shows up at 11:42am (nothing like last minute) and wants to fix the car… the insurance company does too. They are paying to put a new PCM in it and for us to try and get it running. If that doesn’t work then they will total it.

Apparently he tells me he owns “several Vette’s” and wasn’t worried about this one because he saw it all the time so whenever it gets fixed, it gets fixed. So he peels 100’s off his wad of cash to pay his bill (and then some) and tells me whatever it costs to fix it he’ll pay because he likes driving it and the weather is getting better.

I told him we do not reccommend fixing it, that its a POS and that he shouldn’t fix it but he said he would like us to try. The insurance company has already paid us a dollar amount to tear the car apart and see how bad the damage is so we are going to do that next week as soon as we get some room in our service schedule.

I’ll take some pics and post them up then.

MY IDEA:
Guy with too much money who doesn’t care about the car or when it gets fixed.

I’d still charge him or the insurance company storage.

insurance company’s never pay that much in storage charges… its usually not worth arguing with them about it and only get 100 or 200 bucks

:fail: Close enuff :stuck_out_tongue:

Damn, I’ll bet it costs a lot to fix a stagnant, flood damaged C5.

Like, almost as much as it would be to keep a car in storage for 200 days, I reckon. :wink:

Obviously, your space and time is not free. If he was hiding it from a settlement he owes you. If he was simply inept he owes you.

well since his insurance is paying to tear it down but haven’t paid us to put it back together he may end up with a flood damaged pile of parts in his driveway

rotfllllll

lawl at the cubancard =)

Sorry to hear bro…

eww well at least he showed up

It would be a good donor car…

http://www.factoryfive.com/gtmhome.html

ding ding ding!

yes.

thats the best thing this guy could ever do for himself

post pics of the interior/frame when you get a chance