98 used C5

right down the street from me there is a used vette with 80k miles for 18 grand. my old man is thinking about buying it, does anyone have a carfax account so i can run the vin. also does it have an ls1 and let me know if you veterans think its a good deal.

Yes it has an LS1 first year of the LS1 motor.

FALSE, 97 first vette with LS1.

suck it up and chad is owned

so is this a good deal, how mayn more miles you think we could get out of the ls1

It depends if it was taken care of or not

well exterior and interior is excellent, he needs to test drive it though

cars are built to last now a days. its not like its a throw away car(metro), its a corvette and it was made pretty good. Thats still alot of money for a car with 80k on it but thats what they go for. Maybe look up the blue book on it. You take care of it and its in good condition the LS1 should last a very long time, same goes for any engine except the turbo 301( poop)

that price is a tad high, but not a rip off. 80k isnt too bad. the engine will probably still run very well.

ya those 80k could be PA to FL miles. its not uncommon for people that have vettes to frequent FL since alot of them are already retired.

-1 me :doh:

Sounds like a good deal. My buddy’s '98 Z28 has over 130k on it. It’s been AutoXed all season long every single year since new untill last year when he bought a dedicated AutoX 'vette. Even still it makes it out on occasion when the ‘vette is down. It’s been to the strip maybe a dozen times, and he can be an agressive street driver too. It’s been well maintained though and still pulls like day 1. The last event we were at (just last weekend) I grabbed a ride and it feel strong and smooth still (it just has a lid, shorty headers and a cat-back so it felt pretty darn good for so few mods). AutoXin’ it sees redline all the time and high-rpm decell (which some ppl consider harder on a motor) constantly. And the way this particular course was setup he had to hid 3rd twice and bang the limiter a good 3-4 times on one other section. This is w/ 130k. No problems. :slight_smile:

-TJ

That is a very good price… that car will sell for $20k in a few more weeks.
Check the bolsters on teh seats… that many miles they will be shot or replaced. Also take it for a drive and listen for clicking noise from the output shafts////other than that they are a very good and long running car

Engine should be fine. Even if it needs something down the road, JJ’s can take care of it for a decent price.