good buy?

i have the chance to buy a 1994 corvette. six speed, targa top, admiral blue with black leather. car currently has 145K on it. brand new falken azenis rt615 tires. fidanza clutch. and exhaust work done. owner wants 8500 for the car. my question is “is this a good deal?”. thanks for any input.

that seems like something you could even part out for that amount of money, if it fails. I don’t know what 145K would be like on a vette though…

I would say that is about an average price due to the miles.If it is really clean go for it

it looks like this one.

Seems like a good price. Back in 98 a friends partner was looking for one. i believe he paid like 12-13 for it back than, maybe even more cant remember. But i do remember that it was hard as hell for him to find one with a 6spd.

Seems like $2k too much.

Always look at completed listings on ebay to find a accurate market value.

Ones with 50k less miles bring $6-7K

If you’re going to spend 8500 you might as well save up a few grand more and try to buy a 1997.

:fry: I agree

isnt it a fidanza fly wheel and spec clutch? I dont know much about it, but I recall never hearing fidanza clutch. GL dude.

Let me ask you this…

Do you really want an LT1 with that many miles on it…?

I think you should look around somemore. Just my opinion.

If it is really clean I would offer them $7500 for it. LT-4 maybe?

Lt1s are strong runners
My 94 Lt1 caprice has 222k on it and has never had so much as a valve cover off of it, I drive it 300 miles a week

Theres lots of cop car and taxi cab Lt1s in junkyards with 300k+ on them

However in the end it is still an LT1 :lolham:

how hard is an LS1 swap into these?

^ good question, but I can’t imagine very hard. Are the mounts in the same location? AFAIK the actual motor dimensions are the same, just different materials (aluminum)

true , I was just defending their durability

willy you are probably right. i think we both know about the same info on the car. and i dont care about lt1 ls1 i just want something with a 6 speed for less than 10,000 dollars. i would perfer something local too.