99-04 Mustang Brake ?

bout to go to do a quickie rear brake job on an 03 mustang, BUT

are the rear caliper bolts the hex key ones like some other fords or just the normal metric bolts?

anyone? bueller?

Did u look before posting

the car isnt here, im physically going somewhere to do it

metric, you pull the brackets off to get the caliper off, don’t mess with those hex things.

You need a caliper removal tool to compress the caliper in the rear, it goes in like a screw, not straight in and out.

should be normal bolts sc steve fronts were

yep normal bolts. but like justin said they have to be screwed in.

yep, normal bolts.

DAMN …I wanted to make u look like an ass

if u need to borrow a the tool i got a mac set right hur

ugh just a word of warning on my 01 the rears where blocked by the solid brake line coiled up right behind the caliper bolts…huge PIA

great news, couldn’t get the pistons to compress even with the tool

03 rustang, 32K miles, and it needs rear calipers

go ford :ham:

heh… you just need to work it a little. Nitroinsane and I had a hell of a time getting the one to seat all the way

what u gotta do is push with a pry bar on it and turn the piston with a needle nose that will get the taper part go in i never seen a taper piston not wanna go in. dr stevil is the reason i bought a caliper tool kit stupid dual pistons

haha :tup:

ugh, i bought the tool after trying to move it with the pliers for like an hour

even with the tool, i can turn the thing a full rotation and it doesn’t go anywhere

joe, you free on wednesday AM? want to try and give me a hand just in case i’m missing something?

open the bleeder screw and try to screw them in

The other thing I did for those was to use a c-clamp and position it so that it is keeping pressure on the piston but you are still able to twist it…and make sure oyu are spinning it the correct way, it may be counter clockwise

Which tool did you buy, I know when I went out and bought it there was one from Advanced that worked like crap. I went to Pep Boys and bought the whole set. You can borrow it if you want.

i bought the box piece from carquest that has the 6 different piston options and attatches to a 3/8" extension

the c-clamp idea was tried, no help

i might try again with the bleeders before anything else…

ill try to i may have to watch my neice. i am off friday though