99 audi a4 1.8t

hey im just looking for some general info on a car im looking to buy maybe . . . its a 99 audi a4 1.8t it has high mileage and its auto, and i was just wondering if all you vw/audi guys could give me the pros and cons of this car and what i should look for before i look at it. its got a aftermarket front mount intercooler with some s4 parts the guy said, he also says when he goes around turns the trans start to slip but hes said he brought it to a mechanic who said sounds like its just low on fluid ? idk how much i trust him but any info on these cars would be much appreciated so thanks

high mileage+ mods + auto = run away

/thread

yea idk its a really clean car and everything it just scares me casue i had a mk4 jetta vr6 and i had some problems with that and i dont want to do it again . . .

ok so ill lie to you and say buy it.

AWESOME DEAL BUY IT!!!

hahah nah i know you guys are being honest and i thank you for helping me out i just just curious about the car thanks though im not gonna get it thanks for your help

yeah those auto trans are junk. its easy enough to find a clean stock 01 A4 1.8T 5MT(way better than a 99… facelift model, better ECU more power stock)

no reason to settle on some turd with a bad($$$) auto trans. if the fluid is low and its slipping, adding fluid is just going to be a band aid because the clutches are already wearing out from slipping and the bands are going to get damaged as well. no worth the ri$k to buy it. and the FMIC on it is probably some 300$ ebay joint that sucks too.

thanks man much appreciated

i think it might be worth lookin at for the right price. right off the bat its gona need a new tranny, and with out service records you should repace the t-belt and water pump, which is another costly repair. like i said the price would have to be really low.

What color? My cousin had a black automatic '99 A4 1.8t with APR flash, GT2x turbo and an eBay special front mount that he sold about 2 years ago to some clownshoe.

I have a 01M replacement trans for it. Was rebuilt by the guy I bought the parts car from 800 miles prior to t-belt letting go. $400 and its yours

https://accounts.craigslist.org/post/shwpst?pii=2201774708&db=lv

wait… nm thats a quattro… arghhh ill never sell this dumpy trans.

it was a black one . . . he said it has some s4 parts too lol has black tinted windows with black leather

99.9% sure it was my cousins, super slow. Got beat by a gay guy in a 5spd Scion tC… no joke. The 99 is a bitch because you can’t edit anything in the ECU without taking it to someone. The transmission was pretty much shot when he had the car… Definitely had black leather and was tinted out. It had some S4 cosmetic pieces I think.