A cheetah and tire mounting

Anyone know a tire mounting place with a cheetah or experience with stretching some tires? Yes, I know all the recommended tire places, but I don’t know if they have any experience stretching some tires.

Tire size is 195/50/15 on 15x8" rims.

and a cheetah is something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Service-Tools-TSICH-5-Cheetah-Seater/dp/B000GBKFWG

Apparently it is used to seat the bead

I used to do it at Big D Tire all the time. They have one there.

i think i know of someone who made one out of an old propane cylinder, isnt it the thing that just shoots a shit load of air really fast into the tire?

[quote=“ImportMuscle,post:3,topic:38312"”]

i think i know of someone who made one out of an old propane cylinder, isnt it the thing that just shoots a shit load of air really fast into the tire?

[/quote]

Yes, it shoots a blast of air into the tire to seat the bead.

the actual cheetah scratches the lip of your rim. touchless mounting machines have rubber backed air jets that are much safer for the rims.

if that doesnt work though I would have them mounted and either use a supplemental ring or some ether and a match

long, do the tires you want mounted have a stiff sidewall? if not, you really probably don’t need any special equipment.

Why? I don’t get why you would want to.

:lol: Just go to a VW dealership!

:eyebrow: Come on, you were all thinking it.

in my last post I almost said “I don’t get why you would want to - you don’t have a vw”

anyone can do um with effort. pepboys in hamburg has a similar machine to throw air in but it is touchless

ummm the cheetah will only scratch your rim if a retarded imbread midget is using it.
you don’t slam it into the rim you only set it on it for a breef moment

WHY

[quote=“ultradriver10000,post:2,topic:38312"”]

I used to do it at Big D Tire all the time. They have one there.

[/quote]

Just called them, I wanted 86 bucks to mount them, which is retarded.

And I went to a place that I usually go to, but the compressor wasn’t strong enough to get the tire to bead.

And no, this isn’t a big stretch either. It’s not gonna be vdub style.

[quote=“longuyen88,post:13,topic:38312"”]

Just called them, I wanted 86 bucks to mount them, which is retarded.

And I went to a place that I usually go to, but the compressor wasn’t strong enough to get the tire to bead.

And no, this isn’t a big stretch either. It’s not gonna be vdub style.

[/quote]

why

because the tires were cheap, and I am not driving on azenis in the winter

[quote=“99_civic_si,post:6,topic:38312"”]

long, do the tires you want mounted have a stiff sidewall? if not, you really probably don’t need any special equipment.

[/quote]

They don’t have a stiff sidewall, but the shop wasn’t able to get the bead to seal.

sounds like a set of steelies or stock rims would be a much better idea.

this isn’t gunna be a HUGE stretch, but it’ll a little bit.

Firestone on Sheridan and the BLVD has a cheetah, but i dont know what they’d charge to mount um

[quote=“91CRXSI,post:18,topic:38312"”]

this isn’t gunna be a HUGE stretch, but it’ll a little bit.

Firestone on Sheridan and the BLVD has a cheetah, but i dont know what they’d charge to mount um

[/quote]

Im hoping its not any more than 50

That’s a pic of the exact same tires on the exact same wheels I am using. HARDLY a stretch.