a dead cylinder???

i got this odd thing on my kaDE its a 93, one cylinder jsut randomely stops firing sometimes, the plugs dont matter i changed them, the wires give spark, and compression is fine, it randomely stops and starts and is really weird, i tried switching wires, nothing new there… its just it randomely stops working, and its only theone cylinder, then it randomely fixes and runs very smooth, 315k ont he motor… any ideas? im tinhking injectors or something

have u tried checking ur injector ?? cuz u said ur getting spark there, so it means ur not getting fuel

First thing you should do is run a compression test and see if that cylinder has lower compression than the rest. If the numbers are good across the board I would then look deeper into fuel and ignition systems.

jsut like i said in original post i did compression test and its fine =) but injectors… thanks =) ill check it out

check the wire harness to the injectors too,
i had a wire break inside the insulation, confused me like crazy for awhile before i found it,

aha nother good idea =) thanks

see if u can get a fuel pressure gauge and hook it up. check specs for ur engine and compare it from yours.

i think it is about 18psi, but dont take my word for it.

Fuel pressure while idling with vacuum hose connected to FPR should be 34 psi. 43 psi with the hose disconnected. I am leaning towards a bad injector. It might also be clogged with some crap. Try running some seafoam and see if that helps. Also double and triple check ignition timing! On my car when the timing is bad it runs like ass.