A few things.

one: My new Cabrio came home today. I was wrong on a few of the details: It’s a 1997, black exterior, black top, light tan leather interior, 88000 miles, five speed, 2.0l. I got it cheap because it was in a minor accident (everything behind the bumper is fine, including the radiator). I have no idea what I’m going to do with it, but I’ll probably put a MK3 Jetta front on it and have the car resprayed black. I’d love to paint it copper, or Supersonic Blue, but I want to keep my investment as minimal as possible.

two: I tested the wiring I did for my in-dash DVD player tonight and everything seems fine except I need to defeat the parking brake switch to watch movies. The switch is set to accept the sequence of “Brake on, brake off for 3-5 seconds, Brake on”. I’m thinking of wiring up a toggle with “Brake on/Brake off” as the two settings, and manually performing the sequence when I want to watch DVDs. Anyone have any experience with something like that? I have a few days before I can get a Metra dash kit, so I’ll have some time to play with the wiring.

three: Captain Morgan Tattoo and Coke Zero is a little gross. Especially on top of a shitload of KFC.

four: Anyone ever hear of/see a Sirius antenna installed through the roof instead of running the cable through a seal? I’m thinking about going to Dodge, Mazda, and Chrysler tomorrow to see how the OEM antennas mount. I’m getting tired of water dripping onto my hatch cover.

how many cars have you bought since youve had your license?

cars ≥ 26

meh.

So you want to defeat the switch so you can watch while driving?

Have you considered putting the Sirius antenna inside somewhere? I have mine on the deck by the rear window (since the glass doesn’t open). Also temporarily put one on the dash of a rental car and it worked fine there too. I didn’t like the idea of running the wire from the roof either.

yes. for road trips (for the passengers).

and here’s a pic.

simply take the wire that goes to ur parking brake and wire into a constant 12V

it needs an on/off/on sequence. Neither ground nor constant will work.

its official, Blayner is a tree hugging faggot

^^ lol

you’d know all about faggotry, coming from central…

Is there room on the dash for the antenna?

actually that kid transfered out and went to canevin where I went to highschool my senior year.

so rig it and put a toggle switch in

hook it up on a relay and a switch

if its a newer one u need, to flip a switch on teh unit itself, or clip a resister in the brain

Ask Chaz, firstbass, I just asked him about the indash screens. He gave me more than enough info.

Yeah I was about to say FBA and foz could help ou out with everything you need to know.

I believe I saw a pac interface that does the sequence for you automatically hhanging on Chaz’s wall down at First Bass, It’s called a tr-7 by PAC… you won’t need any switches, what kind of screen is it btw…

one I cannot believe you came to me for speakers for a ranger, and ur gf’s grandfathers nieghbors, best friends, cusions slam piece, but when you go to install your 12v items you skip over me, WTF

two Yes it is tru the PAC Tr-7 (Instcok, But NOW WAY more than you can afford, :kekegay:) will do the trick

three what make, and model is this head unit

four I cannot believe you came to me for speakers for a ranger, and ur gf’s grandfathers nieghbors, best friends, cusions slam piece, but when you go to install your 12v items you skip over me, WTF

five you better call me…