A FYI for wideband users courtesy of ZEX ;)

So after three days analyzing why my laptop wouldn’t register my wideband I have come to the conclusion that the sensor has gone bad. I spoke with a few engineers for AEM and they stated that a car that runs VERY rich(me) or burns a quart of oil every 2000 miles(me), or has exhaust condensation problems(me) will cause a much ceased life to sensor operation. Also after speaking to hybrid they stated that when not operating the vehicle for tuning purposes to remove the wideband as they should not be in the car if not operating. Just a heads up for wideband users to prolong life of your sensor. I picked a new UEGO sensor up at summit today for $62, the UEGO controller seems to be functioning so it will not need replaced. So there you have it…

also very imp that the wideband is on at all times the car is running

yea my english sux…

i have an AEM wideband also and i tought my sensor was bugging out also… im gonna have to pick up a new one

wow this is an old thread…but if sensor seems like it isn’t working right than it prob isn’t. buy a new one.

well it reads normal for a while … normal to what normal was like when i 1st got it (a/f wise)

now it reads normal then peggs lean with — for ever untill i turn it off then turn it back on then it will read fine for a few mins then peg lean so weird

you need a new sensor…its a heated sensor so it is prob working momentarily. order from summit you’ll ahev it tmrw if u order by 4 today.

sounds good thx for the help

Your answer is matchless… :slight_smile: