A good Cool Air intake?

I think i want to get one for my 91 240, anyone have any ones they think work well?

i was thinking of getting AEM…but i really have no idea what are good ones and bad ones…so …a little help would be great… also,

im looking for something elese to get that will give me a small amount of HP…like an intake would…i just have no idea what elese to buy thats not a huge deal to install…thnaks guys. :smiley:

Injen

How much HP do these things realllly give you anyways?

thats not cold air, nor a ram air, thats just ‘an intake’, but should work ok

Yeah thats all i really want …

thats not cold air, nor a ram air, thats just ‘an intake’, but should work ok[/quote]

Just wondering - does injen intake have a spot for plugging in the IAT sensor?

it might not, you than need to get a rubber coupler, cut a hole in it, and swap the sensor onto that

like this

http://xs71.xs.to/pics/06103/IAT.jpg

FYI Injun intakes for 240’s have been discontinued.

They were way more expensive than the same thing from AEM anyways.

You should have bought one from Jammin1911’s Summit racing group buy.

John is tops when it comes to GB’s

(and the AEM comes with the proper sensor hookups)

actually theo, and i hate to prove you wrong (hah) i can get injen intakes BUT you are right they are worth like $330 and theres only 4 left…but take theos advice anyways cuz the man knows what hes talking about.

just stick a filter on your stock piping and remove your air box… its the same thing.

unless of course you short ram it by reloating your battery.

i want one of these badass filters

Im going to look for one at the sport compact nights carshow on the 25th.

Actually Bobbeee… I AM RIGHT and you proved it in your… “comment”

They ARE discontinued, I didn’t say there weren’t any left.

hah

yeah

yeah[/quote]

Werd.

i have a Injen on my SOHC and i love it…

I’m actually curious about this myself. I’d take a guess at like 1 extra percent? Maybe 2?

AEM claims some pretty decent gains. Here’s the dyno #'s

I imagine these results are a bit bloated to increase sales.

fyi. from what I’ve learned AEM and Injen both use K&N filters. Since both intakes are essentially identical in manufacture I don’t think either is any better than the other.

It’s usually the filter that makes the difference. For the most part, i think that the piping does not really matter, especially for a short ram intake like this. The piping is just for show i think, lol