A lil vid I shot in my Camaro...

Nice pull, but when it drops RPMs on gear change it really suffers in the acceleration department 'til it gets back up over 4500 RPMs. Do you have any crossover in that exhaust?

nice…u need gears them 2.73’s are killin ya

Yeah, that auto is screaming for 3.73’s or more

There’s a Y-pipe on the F-Bodies where the headers merge into one pipe. Some people do true duals though where each header has it’s own exhaust pipe.

I used to have 3.23’s but when I wrecked my car (1 year ago today actually hehe) the rear end got all screwed up. In my haste to get my car back on the road I bought a low mileage 2.73 rear off of my buddy. My old rear was noisy and leaky. The 2.73 rear end that I swapped in is quiet and doesn’t leak a drop. I’m afraid if I crack it open and swap gears that my pinion seal will start leaking again lol. I like having a clean ass. :slight_smile:

Pinion seals aren’t bad to replace. Might be worth it

Well I’m currently getting my tranny rebuilt again but this time I’m putting in a 3400 stall converter. If I don’t like how loose it feels on the street maybe I’ll consider gears. If I have some left over money from my rainy day car fund perhaps I’ll grab a used set of 3.73’s on eBay.

That sounds like a great upgrade path, consider a better cam too?

I was actually looking at used turbo kits in the classifieds section on LS1tech.com I’ll have to see how much the tranny shop rapes me for. Of course, it had an 18 month/18,000 mile whichever comes first warranty on it and it dies 6 months after the warranty is up.:frowning: Since it only had 12k miles on it the shop said they’d cut me a break. We’ll have to see…

buy my 342’s off of me. they are in the car right now… you can hear how they sound. then when i get the 4.10’s in you can buy them. whats a used set of gears go for now? im gonna have jj’s have them put them in if i ever get time to get it down there when they arent busy

2.73’s FTL!!!

well atleast u get good gas mileage?

Yeah, they suck…but I do get about 25 mpg on the highway and 20 mpg city/highway.

I might be interested in them. JJ’s sold a set of 3.42’s on eBay one time for $10. I didn’t see the auction until it was over with though. Let me know when you do the gear swap.

i’ll sell u other set for that!:bigthumb:

You have some 3.42’s laying around? I’ll take 'em. :slight_smile: Have any 3.73’s laying around?

yes & no

You’ve got a PM Pewter. :slight_smile: