camaro rear end gear choice?

i’m doing a 67 camaro build, its got a mild 350 with a muncie m-20 4 spd wide ratio. i’m about to have my 12 bolt rebuilt (it has 3.31:1 gears now)and was wondering if i buy new gears, what would make the best streetable gear ratio with my transmission. i dont plan on going to the drag stip with this either. i may put an old world class t5 in, but i havent figured out if it will fit without major mode yet so for now i’m just planning on the m-20. thanks for any advice.

3.73s

4 speed=3.31’s

3.42,highway trips wont be out of the question and it wont feel mushy,a nice middle of the road gear.

3.08 would be ideal if you didn’t have much interest in racing and took longer trips,would chop the 1:1 trans ratio down nicely.

3.73 if you went T5

I’m with jon and pauly
I have 3:42s in my 1st gen (not a Fbody but same drivetrain) and it was fine with no OD, on the thuway at such. I took it on 490/390 every day to work for 2 years it was fine. I could take it to 120 still fine (5,500 stock pontiac 400) thats about I’ll I should have gone in the car when I was 16. My dad has 3:73s in his 2nd gen and just going 65 the extra rpm is kinda buzzing along. I forgot but it was 3,200 maybe, but depending on a lot of things for your car. I remember it was not that enjoyable. From vibrations, the exhaust at that rpm, and avoiding the 55+ highways.

With a normal 26inch tire I’d stay with the 3:31s and save the money, and get the OD. Your gona love that, best thing alot of my friends say they did to there non OD cars. I have a TKO 5sp in my 67firebird I haven’t driven let. But my 2001 is a T56 with 2 OD gears, it so nice. The 4:30 gears are fine, daily driving. no joke get the OD

I have a th400 (also 1:1) in my truck with 3.42 and ~28" tire. Driving 90 to get back to Vermont was no fun, ~2800 at 65-70 got a little annoying after a while, lets just say that I am towing it out here this spring on a dolly, then again that was a 5 hour trip. I plan on rebuilding the th700r4 that was in the truck originally some day, blew it up 2 weeks after the 350 swap.

Depends on what you want to use the car for just like everyone has said

3.31’s:)

And u can buy 5 spd’s that bolt in, all the homework has been done for ya:)

I was pretty happy with the 331’s i had with a turbo 350. I now have 3.73 with a th350, and i gotta tell ya the 3000rpm with flowmaster40’s at 62mph gets old real quick. I shoulda kept the 331’s

3.42 is a great gear