gear install

ok i am finally going to purchase some gears for the camaro. i have a t-rex cam and run 315/35/17 tires and have a 6spd tranny in the car.

now i need to know what gear i should go with. from what i understand the cam should be mated with 4.56 gears. i am afraid that tihs is a weak gear and the 4.10’s are a little stronger.

i am going to have someone set them up that did deans car when he had the 4.10’s with the 10bolt which held up to some rough abuse so hopefully mine does the same.

u should be ok with the 4.10s, it will be a huge gain over the gears u have now!!!

410s

4.30s are badass :wink:

4.10’s

well, are u going to be launching it hard a lot? are you goign to build the whole 10 bolt up, or no?

if ur just crusing a lot with it, roll racing, and not doing a lot of hard launches on it, go 4.56s

niner’s

no brainer 4.56

4.11 12 bolt?

I am still racing on that rear that Dean had set up. I have probably 10 -15 launches on it. It howls like a pissed off wolf but is still holding up well.

x2, but ur launching with an automatic, where he is with a 6speed, a couple high launchs with just dumping that clutch, and it might spell disaster for him…kinda like the luck pewter had

i did cut a 1.66 60’ with et streets. never dumped the clutch though.

go with 4.10’s

with 10 bolt or 12 bolt?

10 bolt

damn thats sweet

thanks
also if it matters 1.73 60’ with bfg’s and 10 bolt

thats what im hoping for is something like that with the nitto drag radials.

what was the fastest time you got with cam and the 10bolt with drag radials ???

4.56 dont be a pussy 10bolt rear ends are a dime a dozen only reason maters keeped breaking was the rear end breather wasnt big enough and it was building up pressure and poping the seal

:boink

How do ya figure 4:10 are stronger than 4:56???