A little help guys... dealership sales question

Going out of state for your vehicle is a good idea if you can’t find anything local or if they’re giving you the run around. For a dealer out of state you’re found business or money they wouldn’t normally get so they’d be more willing to cut you a deal.

Also if you’re pre-approved stop by a credit union to see what they’re offering for vehicle financing. I’ve found they’re always good for knocking off a few interest points.

i been in the car dealing business for a little while now and i would say that truck didnt cost them more than $15k max from the auction.

going out of state is for something like this a very BAD idea.

lemon law warranties only last to the boarders of the state you get the vehicle from… so if you get one in mass and then have a problem with it… the dealer has no legal reason to help you once you drive off the lot. just an FYI

There are federal Lemon Laws (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act) that protect the consumer regardless of what state the auto was purchased in.

It was a trade in but I doubt they gave the guy 16,000 for a trade in, Like I said the thing wasnt in a 2009 condition… The top of the bed was scratched to hell (spray on would cover scratches so I said ok thats not bad)… the top of the tail gate looked like they used a chain saw to cut trees and didnt care if it hit the top of tailgate. there was rust between the weather sealing rubber around the doors… the carpet was pretty beat, the seat looked like the dude slid out of the truck.

Got low n slow helping me find a truck… really appreciate the help!

Maybe not

Been looking for a car myself, its been a PAIN in the ass.

Yeah, no shit lol The only way I can get the truck im looking for for the price I want to spend is auction.

Yeah, my problem is the car im looking for is limited production, so finding a suitable one has been a fucking hassle

What kind of car?

Caddy Sts-v. Looking for a cpo 08 with lower miles and warranty left that hasn’t been in any type of accident and isint 40k+ been like a unicorn

nice cars

Yeah, I drove one a few years ago and fell in love. Finally have the cash and cant find one that suits my wants

I am a cheap mother fucker.

As Neo said, it depends on the amount of room they have in the particular item which is based on numerous factors with the primary being what they took it in at.

It depends on what it is. If it’s just a random car at a dealership where they have a small sample (1 or 2), you won’t be able to basically give them a price and tell them to call you when they want to dump it. But, for $20K, I’d be asking for about $16K give or take and see where it goes. There is always room. Any offered price is a good deal for them, not you.

My 96 VR-4 had a price tag of $22K and I got it for like $16.7. My BMW was $32K and I got it for $27K. Wife’s first car was $14K and I got it for $10K.

Dealerships love financing as they make money off of it.

I offered 16 for a truck that was 19,500 the guy just flat out said no… no counter offer or anything at all lol

Some fucking scumbag chinatown merchant wouldn’t sell me a pair of sunglasses for $8 instead of $10. You never know your luck unless you ask. :slight_smile:

trying to get someone to bring me to an auction…

Ever try turecar.com to find the price average where you are located?

with what gas prices are likely to be this summer they should be paying you to take it. that being said, i want one too lol