Buying a car

Havent bought one from a dealer ever. Looking into buying a truck but they said they will probably want cash with my trade in. Why would I need cash with it if I am financing it? Second how do I know I’m getting the shaft from the dealer? I know what he wants and I know what I want for my trade in and I know what I want to pay for the truck. So say the truck is 13900 and i want 5k for my trade and am willing to pay max 13500 for this truck. Truck is a 2003 gmc sierra z71 with extended cab. has 97k and looks good. I want to trade my 99 blazer 2 door with 87k on it it needs nothing and has no rust and interior is pretty much mint. seem workable? Wish i could just buy private party all the time. I hate trading shit and financing. :confused:

Cash Helps reduce the overall monthly payments.
What you think your vehicle is worth, Isn’t what they think.

be willing to negotiate.
keep in mind there are a million other trucks out there. if you don’t get that one there is another one. so don’t be upset if you don’t get that truck from that dealer.

Talk to your bank about a car loan. Then, you can look at dealerships and private party sales. Gives you a lot more options. You don’t have to finance through the dealership.

Sell your Blazer after you get your new truck and pay down the balance of the loan. You’ll do a lot better than trading in, I think.

i think 5 is going to be pushing it a little bit for the blazer

buy a new one at the end of the year

i got a 2006 f-150 last year in october, sticker was 31,000, paid 22,000, then traded in a mint 2001 transam ws6 and only got 14,5 for it, but knockin 9000 of the sticker is a damn good deal