A little help please

Ok so a buddy of mine but a used 1987 Chevy Camaro as is. I am under the assumption that he was told it was a Z28. i just looked at VIN information and body styling of the different Camaro’s made and I’m pretty sure the car he bought is a base model. i did a VIN search and it came up with it saying it has a 2.8L V6 / 173 CID.

SO if this is the case could he ask for his money back and give the car back, is there anything he could do, or is he Shit Outta Luck?

I will have to ask him tomorrow just to make sure about if he was told it was a Z28

Most if not all private sales are as is. like the 240 thats been in my driveway for 2 months :frowning:

If the bill of sale is signed by both ppl and no where it clearly states "car as is) then return it.

i have to see if he has the ad for it or not. i think he is S.O.L

I seriously doubt any private seller will take a car back.

Seems kinda stupid that he didnt check under the hood to see if it has a v8 or v6.

http://starlightincentive.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/palm-tree-face.jpg

that is his own fault that he didnt inspect the car before buying it. it isnt walmart you cant just take shit back

Your buddy is clearly an idiot if he can’t have the common sense to pop the hood of the car and determine whether or not its a V8. Tell him to enjoy his shitty mullet mobile.

Yeah the first thing what would give it away would be the lack of a V8.

Maybe it was a v6, as the vin shows, and someone swapped in the 8 and the ground effects.

Here is how I would score your shot at getting the money back. Top is best chance, bottom is no chance.

• “I Joe Mullet, am selling this 1986 Camero Z28 to new kid with a mullet on this date …” you have a great chance.

• “I Joe Mullet, am selling this 1986 Camero Z28, as is, to new kid with a mullet on this date …” you have a 50/50 chance.

• “I Joe Mullet, am selling this 1986 Camero, vin… as is, to new kid with a mullet on this date …” you have very little chance

• “I Joe Mullet, am selling this 1986 Camero, vin… as is, even if the buyer has no idea what model it really is, and doesnt know a z28 came with a V8, and some uber sexy body clading, which as you can see this car doesnt have as presented to the new kid with a mullet on this date …” you are fucked.

Yeah…friends dont let friends by 87 camaros

I would have told him not to get it but he went to see it with our other friend and he bought it with out talking to anyone else about it

Lol, yeah i know. so we told him it wasn’t a Z28 but he doesn’t really car that its the base model. its more close to running, just a little more fixing. but its his first car so hes not too upset.

such idiots in this world . f-bodies are junk man

Thank you for clarifying that, I would have thought it was a brand new.

ehhh if the car was misrepresented than i think there is some legal action he could take

Should i laugh?

I put it there cause you’d be surprised on some people possibly asking if it was used.

And this thread isnt needed anymore, he found out what he needed to know, so this can get locked or deleted

No, you should cry.

How is it possible you spelled camAro with an “e” so many times. I’m beginning to hate you.

P.S. You better have done it on purpose asshole.

because thats how rednecks spell Camaro. Ive seen quite a few Camero’s listed on Craigslist.

Exactly what I was thinking. As is doesn’t mean you can sell a different car than what they were buying. If I put my iPhone 3g up for sale and list it as a 4g “as is” doesn’t mean there can be no action taken against me.

I like turtles