A little nerd irony.

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/091008-san-francisco-hunts-for-mystery.html?hpg1=bn

Didn’t give the passwords becuase he claimed his boss was an idiot. Now the whole city is looking for a random server on their network they can’t log into, let alone find.

I guess the guy was right about his boss.

For the non nerdy people. You can find any device on your local network using the proper tools and hardware identification numbers built into every device made that connects. I was an engineer for a county network and we were able to find random devices all the time. Its ironic becuase the original reason the guy went rogue and didn’t give out passwords becuase he worked for idiots. Now the people he worked for cant accomplish a simple networking task of disabling a decice on their network.

haven’t they heard of TRACERT? Coordinate with a few locations, trace route to narrow it down, and hell… use a network tracker/sniffer to find the MAC address to locate the stupid thing.

hahaha wow. I bet their a little more careful next time around

Because it would take so long to check ARP tables and find this…

reminds me of the bash.org quote… lol I would find it but bash is down

:io:

^I’m with this guy.

erno @ Bash.org wrote:
I’ve lost a machine… literally lost. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can’t figure out where in my apartment it is.