A Mid Engine'd Corvette

For you euro fanbois convinced that the Corvette is a finger-fucked slop slug, and that all things Lamborghini are somehow superior (and Corvette should therefore go mid-engine) . . .

Feast your eyes on the sheet-metal sex curves of what a mid-engined “fast little boat” would look like. How come you never hear Clarkson opine about small American builders like Panoz and Mosler, but they’ll test out Noble and TVR and any one-off piece of euro turbo tinsel that the Continent can churn out?

Didnt hammond nail one during the 24 hour race at silverstone?

So they have crashed one, thats the same as clarkson testing it. :lol

does it still have a leaf spring?

I believe he did. Great success! Not quite as bad as his Epic Fail in the Nissan Jetcar . . .

I believe it’s coil-over, but I could . . . not possibly care less, because Moslers are fantastic track/race cars. Light, balanced, and faster than Hell.

I’ve gotta make a ruling on this whole “'Vette Leafspring” issue – the notion of a leafspring itself is archaic technology, and the composite monoleaf is a rather ingenious evolutionary leap (lighter, acts as an anti-roll bar, etc) which isn’t bad for something conceived in the late 70s for use on the C4.

It seems to me that the people dragging up the leafspring argument are the same guys that think DOHC is the latest and greatest technology on the planet, or that forced induction is new, fantastic and the true replacement for displacement.

Let’s get it straight – forced induction has been used on cars for three quarters of a century. Furthermore, I can think of applications of dual overhead camshafts dating back (at least) to the thirties (in particular, a slick Mercedes top-end record car in '38).

There’s a lot more that goes into making a car fast and fleet-of-foot than “the latest and greatest widgit”.

Especially when those widgits are only the latest and greatest use of a rather old widgit.

I only mentioned the leaf spring since all your vette fans get all dick hurt over it ;D.

It performs amazing, so I personally don’t care what it uses… as long at it works. Relax, deep breaths!

It’s been a well-caffeinated morning.

The Moslers are far from anything Corvette. The FF GTM is more Corvette than these cars.

If you ever in your life get an offer to drive a Mosler on a track take it. I speak from experience when I say it’s a balls out amazing kit car. Does not quite have the grip that the Ultima provides but is still a fantastc car none the less. Fit 'n finish right there as the Ultima stands, not quite as nice as RCR though. It’s a “saleen s7-ish” looking GTR essentially. Worth the price???..that’s entirely based on ones opinion.

I personally would rather buy an RCR UL, or maybe build my own from scratch. Yea… build my own…I should get on that shouldn’t I :mwahaha

I’d buy a hennessy kit car… take your time though. I wont be in the market for one for a little while…

That looks an awful lot like the Gisser MEC4, also a mid engine corvette build, but they’ve been doing it since 1999.

http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/vehicles/road/cars/gisser_mec4.html

holy crap that thing is ugly

HAHA what the SHIT is that thing?! :haha

Actually . . . from the specs on it . . . it looks like a mid-engine ‘Vette, more or less. PRF body, a 383 stroker (not so far off an LS3, but with what must be head work and a bumpin’ cam, to put out the claimed HP). Right down to the (relatively) New-For-You in '99 Eagle F1s.

The roof line rings a bell too.

This thing looks fantastic however.

Somebody dropped the ball on the color choice however.

wow that thing is nasty

i duno, i think any car that sexy it doesnt matter what color it is… except flat black woulda been… erectful.

And so we come full circle! Interior looks fantastic too – bone simple, splashes of suede, dash of carbon fibbular. Perfect.

It’s too bad someone’s cousin’s best-friend has a Civic that’ll beat it.

why? why?? i was agreeing until that part. :idiots