A question about turning lanes

Hah. Maybe I’m not being clear. When someone drives down the center/turning lane is where I have my issue. Been a few close calls during heavy traffic and imho, that’s not what the lane is for. Pulling out into the center lane, to a stop, and waiting for an opening is fine by me.

Ah OK, I’m with you there. Turning lanes and on-ramps are two different things. If you’re using the turning lane as an on-ramp you are just begging to smash someone pulling in or out.

I HATE when people do this. I actually got hit by 2 idiots doing this at the same time going down transit road. I was in the left lane and they hit each other in the center lane and both of them bounced off my car. I was super pissed especially since I had my daughter in the car at the time. I happened to know one of the people who hit me and her Mom called me bitching wondering why I told the cops it was her fault because her insurance company didn’t want to pay for the damage. SERIOUSLY!!!

Ooooh

I have only done that a few times and it was because I was in a rush, so I basically used the center lane to hit traffic speed and slid into a spot with cars. Super bad idea to try this where there are a ton of places to turn though. The place that I have done it, there was nothing to turn into for the oncoming traffic, so the only cars that might be in that lane were ones that were going to be going the same direction as me at the time. Trying to do that on NFB or something where it is congested with turns from both sides is suicidal.