Traffic question several people question all the time

There are some traffic laws I’ve always been curious about and I know have always been questioned by a lot of others. If you’ve ever questioned a traffic law, post it here and lets discuss.

1. Can you legally turn into a Yellow turn lane from a driveway, come to a full stop and wait for your turn to proceed when safe/merge with traffic. (not turn into the lane and drive till a spot opens)

2. Can you legally make a left hand turn on Red if you are turning from one 1-way road to another 1-way road.
    I’ve looked this up and found that this is the only acceptable time to make a left turn on red. Can anyone prove this one wrong as it was a surprise to other car enthusiasts.

Yes and yes.

edit: also the right on red one, the street you are turning off of doesn’t need to be a one way street.

Yes to both, and in NYS left on red, 1-way to 1-way, is legal as long as the city has less than 1 million people (Had an argument with a friend and looked up the actual law at one point) and Buffalo does not have a Million people so it’s only illegal in NYC.

Every time I read anything about NYC traffic law, I am always literally shocked that I haven’t gotten dozens of redlight cam tickets in the mail.

HAHA NYC is the Wild West of traffic… It’s a free for all, if they put up redlight cameras people would be rear-ended every 10 seconds.

So this is an intersection by my house. Can I make a right on red into the turning lane? I think so, the grey lines are the intersection lines… the turning lane is a good 4 or 5 feet before the intersection line. http://www.nyspeed.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36567&stc=1

Were you stating the right on red because of someone else assuming you couldn’t? I know mine was just about Left on red.

Sorry, I meant to say left on red.