More instances of driving in NYS sucking completely

So the other day I come up to an intersection, one car in front of me. We were both waiting to turn left, in the turning left lane with a red arrow. The car in front of me slows down, stops at the light, then proceeds into the intersection making a left on a RED ARROW :facepalm

lol… cant be worse then last week.

Sitting on 9 in CP. turning left onto (i forgot the name… its across from grooms, heading toward army and navy on the left… carpet place is on the left…)

Anyways. the lights turning red for us. i stop and then i get the arrow.

a guy sitting at the light on the perpendicular side goes striaght across and almost hit me. should of aimed for his car…

dont even get me started when i take the LI express in NYC.

damn, good to hear he didn’t hit ya.

my fav one (I can’t remember who posted this) was a while back when someone was saying bout how there were 2 left turn lanes and the 3rd lane over was a straight, the guy in that lane turned left cutting off the other 2 lanes and one of the cars in the left lane was a cop, iirc

I see that happen all the time turning left on to the cross town near applebees in Schenectady.

Tell you what, more than once for some unknown reason I thought it was OK to turn at a red arrow. :rofl

Happened when I first started driving a bunch of times.

Yeah I did it a few times in new/unfamiliar places at the beginning of my driving career.

That whole intersection coming down Albany street is a cluster fuck - I love the ass holes who use the turning lane for the plaza as an extention to the left turn lanes for 890.

It’s only OK on a bike :ninja

I’ve done this twice in the last month at that exact spot when I didnt feel like waiting.

Funny that we’ll talk about turning left at an intersection as being dangerous but in other sections of this website people are talking about street racing at 100+mph in and out of traffic. Or those same people will go on a rant about inattentive drivers being dangerous to motorcycle riders. :facepalm

[/logic][/mom]

You really worry too much, you should calm down.

[quote=JClark;371402]I’ve done this twice in the last month at that exact spot when I didnt feel like waiting.

it wasn’t a blue silverado was it??..ive done it on several occasions wher ei dont feel like waiting…going into the old lot at that light when theres no one coming up central for a while… yeahp thats me…

Wise advice, where did you get that?

Some guy I met at a bar - he’s right about everything all the time, so I like to keep him around.

Benny?

Seen many people blow by stop signs and red lights all the time.

lmao this was me. I was coming home from work on route 9 in Latham and this idiot cuts off not one, not two, not three, but FOUR (if you count the turning lane) LANES of traffic! Fortunately he cut the cop off too and he got yanked :rofl I was laughing the rest of the way home.

Never heard of him.

I know that I know everything. I dont think anything.

That irks me, especially when you try to enter the lanes correctly and someone scoots around you stealing your spot.