A to Z cycles

Anyone heard of them? Seymours recommended them for a yamaha vstar full of nightmare issues. Hes had the bike 6wks as of yesterday, with no progress. I wanted to avoid phibbs, and support a local small business but im starting to regret that now. Couple buddies said try joes cycles if he cant do it ,but besides tuning I haven’t heard any positive about repair work from them (or bad for that matter)

couple people have handed me business cards in the past for them. judging from the people handing out the cards I wouldn’t take my bike there. they could be grade a mechanics for all I know, just seems like backyard shop kind of thing

joes only does tires and tuning as far as I know. I have a buddy who owns variant fab in Amsterdam that does custom bike and could probably help you out

Phibbs service sucks…

Not to mention when I’ve been in there looking at bikes they treat me like a piece of shit kid with no money.

On other note I’ve heard good things about joes.

I’ve had the same experience in phibbs showroom. Granted, i am a piece of shit with no money but still.

me too w phibbs… they told me they didnt want to work on my motard because it wasnt meant for the road and had a license plate on it lmao… no lie

Phibbs sucks.

Phibbs sucks, joes is so-so. JJ’s should be able to take care of it though.

phibbs is the worst. punk ass kids working behind the counter treat everyone there like shit. I hate that place. Just went to jjs cycles today to get my bike inspected. as long as you don’t have a rocket I think they’d like your business. the only reason I say that is because I drive by there almost every day and I never see any rockets in their parking lot.

I got my bike from Matt’s Honda (or Matt’s Cycle) in Coxsackie. First service (want them to do the first one and then I’ll do the rest) is on 7/26 so I’ll see how service is but sales was pretty good.

Phibbs was okay in the gear section…I believe his name was Mark…was pretty patient with me and let me try on a lot of stuff. Can’t speak for sales or service though.

I buy all my gear at RevZilla though. Their customer service is AMAZING for an online retailer. Wish I lived in Philly sometimes as that’s where their store is lol.

Joes is a great shop , I worked there part time awhile ago .

Ive heard great things about Matt’s Honda or cycle.

I’ve heard some horror story’s about Joes. They fucked up my friends chopper and all he wanted them do was change the tire.

The bottom line is this, every shop is gunna have people who love them and have people who hate them. Take advice but try shops out on your own, you may have a much better experience than someone else did. Now when half a dozen people post fuck phibbs, yeah I prolly wouldn’t try them out on your own. Their service department sucks dick, but I had a good sales experience with them.

It’s a comfort thing, find who your comfortable working on your shit and bring it to them religiously.

I would say JJs or Joes. Never heard of A to Z

You could try JAF motors in Scotia or Minettos in Clifton park. They’re both Yamaha dealers

JAF is OK can’t complain about them, I’ve been there enough that they know of me. Seem a decent sort. Phibbs will treat you so, so till they realize you actually have money then they tune changes, but the service on bikes is poor IMO & 10 to 20 dollars more than any where else. That’s what inspired me to learn how to work on my own bike. Save a hell of a lot more money.

What are the actual issues with your bike btw?

I picked the bike up Friday from him. Charged me $100 for basically nothing. Not happy, 7 weeks wasted. What gets me is Seymour’s referred him and they’ve never done me wrong.

Bike had intermittent spark rear cylinder. I replaced pickup coil and cdi, tested all ignition coils/did all diagnostic tests found on vstar forum. It all checks out.

Both Seymour’s and AZ said the same thing. It was a nightmare. It’s bobbered, and wiring is a mess but checked all proper wiring etc etc. so after a month of me wrenching on it I sent it to Seymour’s, then a2z. Now probably joes.

You need to ring that to my buddy’s shop in Amsterdam, he builds choppers that’s right up his alley. His shop is called variant fab

I have none, I did do the service crap when I first got the bike which was 200 dollars for an oil change and checking your chain. I was a noob.

I am about to install my own brake lines maybe slap on a new rear rim.

Question was for the OP…which he already answered

i would bring it to troy city garage b4 seymours- seymours dont work on vamahas regularly-phibbs would be my next choice.
i never heard of a2z cycles nothing came up when i typed them in google either

Troy city, horrible for sales/shit customer service. Ive seen multiple people pissed off there, including myself. Parts guys have always been good to me tho. All issues ive had/seen result in the old man on other end so maybe hes the problem.

Phibbs I also hate. Sales guy is awesome but parts counter is ridiculous. While spending HUNDREDS of dollars on oil and filters to service my bikes/girls bike last year I asked how many qts one of the bikes took cause I forgot. I knew it was 2 or 3. His sarcastic response. … check the bike case, I have no way to tell. I left 11qts, 3 filters and a helmet on the counter and walked out. I gave them one more shot last week and I stood in line for 12min while he bullshitted with his buddy at counter. Finally said something and he told me someone will be out…

Seymours, I know a couple guys there and theyve always done good by me. Said they would take a look for me and lmk if could be done or refer me somewhere else.

Bike is now at joes cycles. 1wk in… stay tuned