Troy City Garage infuriates me

I e-mailed them (using their amish ways of webmail communication) the other day about an inquiry on trading my bike in and then purchasing a new/lightly used sportbike from them in return.

Here’s the response I received from them:

that is a unit that we would not consider as a trade, sorry

And here’s my response:

Oh, bummer.

You see, Jim, I actually plan on selling the motorcycle and taking out a loan to buy a new motorcycle. Since you weren’t very helpful in your response, I will now no longer consider your dealer as the home to my new motorcycle.

With no offense intended,

Chris

Tough loss for them.

wow! can i offer u a cookie later? my treat!

Please post up the response from them. I tried trading in my quad there they are asshole.

Cool story bro.

educational humor :facepalm

Told you your bike was a piece of shit !

Evidence !!!

:facepalm

Well not to break your balls and all, but I think you were more of the a$$ in your remark with the sarcasm and all.

If they don’t want your business, go elsewhere, sure. Their reply was short and to the point, I don’t think it was rude. Why burn a bridge?

I just wrote it in a different form.

You’re missing the point here.

I don’t like the guys at troy city very much, but I see nothing wrong with their response? Why make such a fuss about that?

X2.

I completely loathe going there for any reason and have had some negative dealings with them in the past. However, besides being short and to the point , see no problem w their response. I just think they can’t do much with a husky since last I knew they don’t sell them and it would be hard or impossible for them to offer any kind of warranty or support for an uncommon bike such as yours…

OP got butt hurtt!

You sure showed them.

:rofl

OK so when you write your cover letter or whatever looking for a job…

And are told in one sentence- “your qualifications don’t fit in with our current needs- sorry”

Would you write something like “I would never consider you as a future employer anyways” followed with the gem “With no offense intended”?

Your point was obviously to retaliate… And in doing so it could have made you look bad.

I’ve dealt with them before and I don’t like them, so I wanted them to know it.

Thanks for your expert opinions on motorcycle sales/service though, it has truly been a benefit.

That reply from them sounds like an auto generated reply. Did you send it over their online form thing? But yeah, I dont understand why they wouldnt consider it… they sell some dumpy ass used machines all the time. not saying your is a pile by no means at all, just saying that I am suprised they didnt consider it since I see all kinds of used stuff for sale by them. Also who cares about dealing with it when you consider a used machine… it wont come with a warranty from them anyways. If it had a transferable husky warranty the work gets done in CT or where ever the hell that bike came from in the beginning. Maybe that being a poor selling point was enough for them to not want to deal with it. i dunno.

anndd… dont dealers make the most money off used machines? since new bikes the profit margin is alot smaller.

They make plenty of money… I dont think they really will give two shits if you dont like them… and even if you bashed them with all your friends, how many of them actually have the means of picking up a bike to begin with let alone from that dealer.

I hear you on being pissed and wanting them to know it, but it really isnt worth squat for you in the end.

Oh I realize that kkk.

This is what happens when I have time off from school and I don’t have jack SHIT to do around this house. :lol

you can go over to my house and make my jetta run again if you have time on your hands.