Ronnie's

So I was lurking the almighty Craigslist and found this…
http://albany.craigslist.org/mcy/3391176475.html
Is Asian Jim the manager? Haha

Confused

About? Click the link it says the manager is a dick and I asked if Asian jim is the manage?

Asian is the parts manager i believe.

i had no problems with them the bunch of times I went there. Jims the man.

dick is only 4 letters… he wrote dxxck, dont think he meant dick.

I like their service, but their bike prices are ridiculous.

I went looking at a ZX6R there before I bought my old 10’ Z1000 from Phibbs and one of the guys was trying to talk up how great the bike was. I guess that’s what sales people are supposed to do, but, I sadly was too knowledgeable to fall into the B.S.

For example, the bike was definitely dropped, or low-sided. The guy refused to believe it (The fairings and … I believe it was … the stator cover were scratched). He also talked about how it had an Ohlins steering damper which I quickly corrected him was from the factory, and not aftermarket. He had to then check with the other guys to confirm - but regardless, you sell a vehicle, you should actually know whats factory and whats aftermarket.

Also, the price they were gonna give me on my trade-in, Phibbs gave me an extra $1,000. x_x (which when it comes to motorcycles, is a big difference. $4k or $5k for a bike is definitely a huge consideration)

Their service though, I’ve never had an issue with. For example, Griffins you need to schedule an appointment for an inspection - sometimes they say it could be 1+ weeks. Everytime I call Ronnie’s, they’re just like, “Sure, bring it down, it’ll take us 5 minutes”

I find Ronnie’s service guys to be very easy to talk to and enjoy a good chat about sport bikes.

My dad actually bought his old Buell from Ronnie’s up in Vermont. For a dealership, it was actually priced very good. Haven’t really seen that with any of their other bikes though.

Ive dealt with Jim a few times for parts and scheduled service with him and didnt have an issue.

Ronnie’s did ship my quad out to Bennington for service though since they dont fix certain models in Guilderland and it took a while to get back though.

I bought the quad at Griffin’s and was less than impressed with their service when they worked on my brother’s identical quad- they fucked shit up and blamed it on my brother. I prefer Menneto’s for service because they work on it right there and they fixed the issue I was having that I had Ronnie’s fix previously but still had the issue a month later.

Asian is def cool dude I just thought it was funny but yea their bike prices are not in touch with the market prices and their trade in prices are out of touch as well

I guess I didn’t kno Jim worked there. He is a cool guy.
Buddy of mine bought a Vulcan 2000 from Ronnies a few months ago. Had a greed experience.

ronnies inspections FTW! thats all I will say. :slight_smile:

I have to comment on the sales part though. When the ave price of the vehicles you are buying and selling is 3500-7500 the profit margin is very small $ wise, even if the percentage is the same as say a used car dealer with a much wider margin of vehicle values like $4K-$20K+ Take the same % for both margins and one puts $200 in your pocket and the other $2000.

So +/-$500-1000 on a trade and a sale sounds like a lot to the customer but on the back end they probably arent making as much off of you as you think!

Honestly I would careless if they made anything on my trade in. More money I get back the better is what I see.

until they are out of business and you dont have them to go to buy and trade stuff. Or service stuff. Or get parts.

everyone has to make a buck somehow

http://albany.craigslist.org/mcy/3397376671.html

I don’t know of anyone though who will tell themselves “I’m going to go pay $1000 more for a motorcycle at one place to help their business, instead of going to the other place”.

Is it smarter to sit on bikes and make a higher profit, or sell bikes and have people spread the word about your good prices?

I think a used vehicle dealership will be judged based on their prices (in regards to sales) while service areas will be judged moreso on their work. I want to bring my gas tank to you because while your price may be higher than elsewhere, I know your work is good. But buying a used motorcycle has to be priced well, or someone will just go somewhere else.

To all the people who know me and know how I do my best for everyone thank you. That is all. Didn’t think I would be posting on shift. But then again I also don’t go to the Nisky lot FTL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Fairly certain 90% of shift doesn’t go to the Nisky lot either.

i agree with the guys above. Whatever i’m buying, be it a car or a bike, my main goal is to get the best deal possible. I don’t care if the dealership loses money, i’d prefer it, i want to lease amount of money out of my pocket as possible, as would anyone else.

People who know me, know i usually get the best deals, but half the time i end up walking away without making a deal also. it doesn’t bother me to make a lowball offer and walk away if they don’t accept, because there is always another one out there just like it and someone out there who will accept my offer. time is money, 9 out of ten times the first place i went calls me up a day or two later and tries to make a deal and i get the satisfacvtion of telling them i bought one somewhere else

I didn’t say go pay more to help their business. I was trying to say that when the price of the goods are lower $$$$ wise in and out, the margin your dealing with % wise between the trade and sale can be the same but the $$$$ you see on paper is far less.

Just because dealer A give you $1500 for your trade and sells the new bike to you for $5500, and dealer B gave you $2000 for your trade and sells the next bike for $5200, might not mean you just “made out on” $800 from going to dealer B. Dealer B might have been too deep in the bike they are selling you than dealer A and know the bike might have issues or something soon and want to offload it asap. You have to be weary of the places offering you way more for your trade to make you feel pampered too.

To me, sitting on BETTER bikes getting what $$$ they deserve is better than flipping 1000 bikes a week for nickel’s… then when the law of averages catches up with all those cheap bikes that break soon and those customers say you sold them crap. :slight_smile: But yeah, the expensive lesser deal for the customer bikes MUST be quality you can stand behind. Which equals better clientele, which equals better merchandise, wash & repeat.

Like you said, my price might be higher, but you have that confidance that it will be done better than the cheap guy, and when you get it back and it is… you are more apt to spend a bit more the next go around whereever it may be for a better product and service.

you cant step up the game when you keep producing poopy, lowering your prices to keep customers coming, etc… you will sink.

Lol just letting you know there is no dealership out there that takes a loss on anything they sell. LoL