Some Good Kawasaki Dealers Around Pittsburgh?

I’ve got it in my mind that this coming spring I am going to get myself an 09 ZX-6R. Does anyone recommend a specific dealer? There are not too many up my way so I plan on searching around. I am just hoping to hear some good/bad experiences with the Pittsburgh dealerships. I might also settle for an 08/09 250 if the price is right.

http://www.andrewscycles.com/

my friend bought a few bikes at andrews he loves them and swears by them. they helped him out also one time he hit a board on the road and broke his front wheel on a 06 gsxr1000 and they sent it back as a defect to help him out instead of beatin him over the head for a new wheel. dont settle for a 250 its not fun to ride for more then like 2 minutes.

only dealer I can tell you about is bob tracy…and stay away

Why do you say that? Thats the closest one to me and so far their prices were not bad.

Their service dept. is for ass and their techs are mildly retarded.My bike sat for a while and when I started it .it had a dead spot in the throttle I took it to them they charged 400 bux to fix it and then it wouldnt start. The service mgr. stood there and said “well you got me”.Turns out they thought there was rust in the tank so they creamed it .Dumb bastards left the filter in the petcock so it go creamed shut.

Thats good to know. I am hoping with a brand new bike that they will never have to touch it. (or at least not within the 12 month warrenty period)

That is the first place I’ve went and they gave me good numbers compared to what I was expecting. I still have a lot of stops to make though. It seems alot of places have reduced hours this time of year so its tough to fit it into my schedule. I’m hoping a desperate salesman will want to make a sale at this odd time of year and give me a deal.

I have a 250 now and it gets my fat ass around good enough. It is the perfect learner/commuter. I’m not a stunter and I keep it relatively close to the speed limit. I like the style of the new 250s, but they upped the price so much because of the popularity that it is not much more expensive to step it up to the 6R. I feel like I dwarf the 250 and that is really the only reason for upgrading. I feel like the 6R is more suited for my size.

this is who i race for. http://www.xroadsmotorsports.com/ the parts manager is a friend of mine. they treat me real good on parts and stuff but the sales manager is abit out of line on bike prices.

prices are high on bikes service blows and the kid thats a service writter is a dick. i bought my bike there used they charged for a 100 point check or something along those lines, 2nd day i had it i was back there with a horrible vibration. they said nothings wrong rode it 3 more days same problem took it back it needs a chain they replace that and a month later it starts throwing a f1 code take it back they have the bike for a week and quote me 500 to fix it told them put it together im picking it up and am not paying that my dad goes to pick it up and its still apart and the writter get smart with my dad so he asks for his manager and tells him whats going on and i ended up only paying 12$ for the part cause the writter could do his job its amazing he still works there

Crossroads is a nice place. But they are wayyyy over priced and I have had nothing but problems with their service department. I would recommend Andrews as well.

just what i said except i do my own work so i have no idea on their service.

i get my parts there and a big big discount and a few other perks for racing for them. but i do not buy my bikes from them.

cernics would be a good dealer to go to but it’s farther than the others.

The place up 422 outside Butler towards Moraine is where I get a lot of my stuff. no idea on service tho.

Davis Cycle… They don’t do much service, just the basic stuff I think. I’m honestly suprised they are still in business. I never see anyone in there, but I have been treated pretty well when I have stopped in.

Dont be afraid to travle to get one .I bought mine the whole way out in indiana pa.@ Toms cycle they were more flexible and pretty laid back.

Traveling to get one isn’t a problem really… it’s traveling around to FIND one. I don’t care to talk to salesmen over the phone. They will say whatever I want to hear to get me in the showroom anyways, so I prefer to just go there and deal face to face… which is the hard part with my schedule and their hours. But I’ve made a list of all of the places mentioned and will be following up.

Thanks guys.

Gattos in Tarentum. I deal with Bill Langer directly. He is running their Harley stuff with Kurt I believe but I still bought all 3 bikes off of him. My 2001 ZX-12R (was the import manager), my Ex wife’s Kawa 250 (import manager), and my 2005 Vulcan 1600 classic (Front office something). I also had the ZX-12 dyno tuned down there and it was right on the money as well as having a notorious stator problem fixed on the 12. Bill was at the shop on route 8 for a while when Gattos took it over, but now he is going back to Gattos due to distance from home.

Anyway, Kawa never issued a recall on the stator issue but it was replaced under warrenty and Bob in service down there fixed it the way I told them to, to prevent it from happening again. I took a stack full of pictures and threads from the internet from a ZX-12R site and showed them the aftermath. The problem showed up 3 weeks after I bought the bike. Fixed and never had the problem again. My buddy bought my 12 and after 25k miles still no signs of the issue. Search ZX-12R oil in stator wires, or ZX-12R stator problem and you will see tons of posts on it. Basically due to the case pressure it was causing capilary action and the oil was seaping all the way up into the tail of the bike into the rectifier plug. After it was there for a while it would cause the wires to become brittle, melt the plug due to resistance, and drip out of the tail onto the back tire if you didn’t have a hugger. Not pretty.

When I’m ready to buy my ZX-14 I’m going to see Langer.

Well I called all of the places mentioned here and Gattos is my next stop. The guy on the phone was asking me questions about what I wanted rather than trying to push me into a more expensive bike. He actually made realistic recommendations and was straight up about his inventory and prices. The other places either had rude salesmen or nothing I was looking for. Good call on that place, Mike. I am going there Saturday to check out a few of his recommendations in person.

di dyou talk to mike or gary at crossroads? gary is the ass of a sales manager. mike is cool though.

No, I’ve been playing phone tag with the guys there. I did an quote request from their website and we keep missing each other. I can’t think of the guys name off the top of my head.

pm sent.