09 zx6r?

anyone on here pickup the all new 09 zx6r yet? Im looking at the monster edition one over at mosites in north hunt. I was looking a the left over 07-08 zx6rs but the new one is not much more. It won the shootout this year in track time and horsepower…so let me know if any one has any thoughts

should be awesome. i havent ridden one, but i wouldnt hesitate to buy one, thats for sure

crazy that the ninjas do so well in the mag. tests. but in AMA and daytona they get spanked by yamaha and suzuki. well actually everyone gets beat by yamaha in the 600 class so i guess that doesnt say much.

yeah the r6 is a monster…but with the new zx6r the front end of the bike is not my fav but i love every other part of the bike. The thing is supp to be a monster for a 600, and handling is top of its class and the shead 20 lbs so how and with a full exhaust youget rid of another 15 lbs so i say this thing should perform very well…but damn 10k now for a 600 is crazy

i have an R6 and love it. i would def consider that kawi if i were in the market tho. the R6 seems to be a little edgier as far as handling, meaning its easier to make a mistake on it because it handles almost too sharp, where the kawi seems to be a better balance. also seems to be a great choice on track or on the street. if it feels slimmer (kawis always seem too fat to me, even their mx bikes) then id say itd be hard to flaw. i guess if it came down to it, id still buy an R6 again, but if not that then id go kawi next, then honda

yeah its crazy slim…it doesnt look like a kaw…heres a pic of the one i buy tm

i like the new r6 but i hated the old r6…i had one and never liked it

but we will see tm, hopefully i will find a good saleman that isnt going to dick me if not i will leave and go to the next dealer

dig the monster plastics, but am i alone in not liking the stock exhausts that most new bikes seem to be running? not a fan of shorty exhausts.

i love that thing, dude. looks amazing. i gonna 2nd what brokeasskorean said tho about the exhaust. not a fan of that. i like the r6 shorty and the 06-07 suzuki shorty but the 08+ suzuki looks like shit and im not a huge fan of it on this kawi either. but aside from that, the bike looks amazing

well i finally got to se the bike in person and yes i love the bike…so i asked for a out the door price and i got how much do you want to pay…they would move on the msrp price of 9999.99 and out the door price 11200.00 so yeah walked out the door…going to another dealer tm

call or go to gattos they are pricey but one of the dealers down there know me i could check on a price out the door for you on the monster bike if you would like

11k for a 600? :eek:

i couldnt get out the door for under 10,300 for a left-over R6. i guess dealers dont like budging all that much. especially since that 09 kawi is the first year of the big update, they might stay pretty firm on the price. hope you get a good deal somewhere tho, cause thats a nice bike.

i remember back in 2003 when i was in the market for a R1. out the door it was 11,500. didnt get it because due to the loan i needed full coverage, and 400 a month for insurance wasnt gonna happen at the time.

How much is Monster paying you to ride around advertising their drink?

I’d go to Gattos to begin with. I bought 3 bikes off Bill Langer and I have sent numours people up there and they have walked out with bikes. They really aren’t that pricey and I have never had a problem with working on prices.

well i picked put a deposit on one today…got a crazy deal on one and got out the door for less than msrp, so i will be picking it up this weekend

and i went to gatt and they did alot better but still not what i wanted…so i called some ppl and got one for wholesale

i will post picks of it when i pick it up

congrats!

so what did you end up OTD for? if you dont mind me asking

So which year did you get? The 08 or an 09?

i pickup the 09 monster edition…i got out the door for $9600

Niiice, I almost got one of those too. I like the look of the 05 better though. I found one with 1,000 miles on it for less than half the price and jumped on it. You will enjoy that bike for sure… even with the weird exhaust.