AAA members step in

If this needs to be in offtopic it can be moved, I wasnt totally sure.

I’m a 3 year AAA member, but I’ve never used my discounts.
Does anyone here use thier discounts at like napa or whatever?
Do you just mention the discount at the register and pull the card out?

Also I’ve had regular coverage, and only used it once when a heatercore exploded. I went over my 5 mile tow but it was cheap as hell for the rest of the way. does the old coverage have unlimited towing or something? experiences?

I know, Go to the site ect. I’m there, just wondering on customer testimonials I guess. Im about to renew and wondering if I should opt for gold.

Just mention you have aaa and ask about the discount.

I’ve gotten AAA discounts at hotels, most didn’t care enough to ask for the card.

As for the tows, i’ve run over the 5 mile limit before and the driver was pretty cool and let it slide. Obviously if the driver goes by the book and you have the basic plan for the 5 mile tow, you’ll get charged. If you have to get towed a fair distance, you may want to find someone with a AAA Gold card who would be cool enough to let you use it.

no one ever asks for the card.I know just mentioning it at certain hotels and avis rental car gets you taken care of

I always forget to use the discount, but I’ve been a gold member for two years or so. I think they just recently started asking for cards when they have to come tow/gas/etc. The guy that came was nice but filled out a form with my license plate and my AAA card number.

platinum is what’s up. Coming back from minnesota my clutch disc sheared the splines clean off. I was in Cleveland at the time. Platinum has a 200 mile tow; I had 192 miles to go back to buffalo haha. Had just filled up, saved me a half tank of gas (which at the time was 4.50 a gallon, so I saved $40 and got to sleep on the way back

how much a year?

If I am not mistaken its 89.99?

i dont remember exactly but its somewhere around a hundred bucks a year

well worth it imo. my m3 is not registered and I will be transporting it via AAA this week lol

I have AAA plus which is 100 mile free tow. Mom gets it for me every year for my B-Day, I think its $70 a year

The discounts are kinda meh…

The tow service is why you buy it.

My GF gets platnium, I use her card

I think AAA wont tow anything thats unregistered.Somebody tried that at my work and they wouldnt take the car.

i have the $157 a year one and i never use it or my disco.,…

they will tow unreg cars you just need to throw a plate on it any plate they dont care

^wrd. and I mean they’ve picked up a black 90’s bmw every other time, so I doubt they’ll flag it on the call. And it’s got an old california plate on it.

i doubt anyone will care

what kinda disco do we get at napa???

^7% on certain items

AAA fucking sucks
I had the rv plus membership for about 5yrs and used my 3 tows every year

Well I got a letter stating that they are “a not for profit orginization” and apparently I was costing them $$$

they wanted to limit my tows to 5 miles

I said fuck you and that was 3yrs ago

I think its called rv plus for the best membership and that is what I have had the past 6 years. It has been worth every cent. 149 or something like that for the year, one 200 mile tow and 4 100 mile ones, I make use of every one. As for discounts, I’ve never actually had to present my card other than best western but it does make it worth having