AAA worth it/legit/not a scam?

Yea, we have all heard sayings of call AAA if you run out of gas or get locked out etc. I just got one of their mailings and its a year for $43. No where in what was sent does it list a disclaimer of how often or how much can be utilized before charges are imposed. It also states it can be used as a $1000 bond, which I guess AAA will wire you a grand for bail?

Seems like a lot of promises with no fine print.

Anyone know the real deal?

I am a 3 year member, this year ive upgraded to GOLD + RV

Basically with that plan they will tow truck and trailer for me, just incase shit, up to 100 miles.

pretty sure i get 4 100 mile tows, i dont remember everything

On the basic membership it really helps, I blew a heatercore in sanborn, got towed to oliver street in NT for 14$. (it was like 2$ a mile after the allowed 15 miles) or whutever they give you on thier basic setup.

I dont really use it but its good to have. Plus AAA card gets you discounts at a ton of places.

i have had about 7 tows in the past two years, and locked my keys in my car once. never had any extra charges. AAA has got to hate me. i definitely got my moneys worth. they also have it noted on my account that my car is lowered and i need a flatbed with a driver who knows how to lift “fast and the furious” vehicles. they mention that every time they bring up my account.

i love my aaa saved my ass about 4 times last year and all were for free! i have the gold membership. when ever i needed a tow they came in average 30 to 40 mins everytime. ill be callin them this week to tow my civic to get tuned.

also great for gfs who lock their keys in their car. as long as ur with them they will come and and open the car for u

i’m a retard and ran out of gas on the entrance ramp to the 290 from the thruway. aaa came to my rescue.

i think i have 5 free tows or something. they came in handy. i got jam’s bmw towed back to the ritz. only time i ever really needed a tow.

I have used mine every time I needed a free tow when buying a new used car.
I have also used it for battery jumps 3 times when I had a car with a bad battery.

I am a 5 year member.

Oh, I also use it for the free triptiks and travel guides. Plus you get discounts at hotels and such.

On my second year…well worth it.

I’ve used it for 3-4 tows. Probably $25, maybe, in extra mileage fees.

Beats the alternative.

it pretty much pays for itself if you use it once a year so why not, gold member for 5 years

gold memeber FTW

AAA rocks…Got a free tow from NYIRP back to Buffalo.

Me and the wife have the crazy RV plus plan … we both have 5 tows good for 150miles

my AAA has paid for itself this year alone

I also have the gold +RV.
My pops puts me on his membership.
He has had it since I was a kid.

Towed my bike home for free last season.
I have run out of gas before too.

they probably won’t help you if you decide to be rochester’s ice road trucker again.

http://a393.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/35/l_f6451c7c36637c477ff9415f01880118.jpg

I have gotten AAA to tow some cars under some pretty crazy conditions. The key to taking advantage is to call late at night. After hours tows are contracted out, and those guys don’t care what you ask them to tow, cause they get paid no matter what. I got my civic hatch towed(gutted with no motor) from my house in amherst to hybrid in westbumblefuck for like 10 bucks. Guys shows up, gets under the front to hook up the hooks and just laughs.

Fuck them and their 12 steps. I don’t have a problem.

wrong number of As

lol

I think they are worthed.

One call for tow truck probably about the same price as one year AAA membership.

Plus, as AAA member, you can get discounted movie tickets. I usually use their $7.5 ticket for watching IMAX movies.

Gold + RV member since I was 18, I’m on my dad’s membership. Comes in handy, totally worth it. I’ve used it to tow a few cars for friends if something happened and I was there, etc. Plus the discounts at hotels and stuff help too.

AAA is good, but plenty of other companies these days offer the same road side protection. I have it from both my insurance and vehicle manuf. I really don’t need it from a third party.