After all these years, AAA gave me the boot!

So I just got a letter in the mail saying that AAA service calls for the last 3 years were $995.50. Therefore, they are banning me for a year. Well, not banning me, restricting me to “basic” coverage of 5 miles, which is pretty useless considering how far out I live. So I guess I will look into Allstate’s coverage, as they have been incessantly bothering me about it for years. I’m not posting this to complain, I actually find it hilarious, and I can’t say I blame them. Years of towing cars the day I bought them, towing cars for friends, towing to and/or from the middle of nowhere, and somehow using more than my allotted tows per year have caught up with me. I would LOVE to know the costs for the last 8 years or so. I’m hanging the letter up on the garage wall. I can say my cars are a bit better now than a few years ago when I was a broke college student.

So does anyone have Allstate Motor Club? Do they have a “nearest garage” policy or will they tow to a residence? 9 years of driving, always multiple cars, and no accidents- time to get a little something back from them:) I need something next year. I only know of one other person who has been banned from AAA- maybe he’ll post, LOL.

shit. i got kicked off AAA 2 times. i pushed there buttons.
when i was platinum and had them tow me 195 miles. CAA in canada to AAA in NY :lol:

Geico roadside assistance is like 5 dollars per six month policy.

It is nowhere near as good as AAA, they just cover the insured car, and take it X amount of miles.

dude, i got kicked off of AAA gold a few months ago too!!

ps- we need to do something about cackord asap…

I’m amazed that I never got booted from my AAA Gold +RV account. I always used up my tows and was in Canada for a few of them too. That sucks. :tdown:

ya somethign abotu 3 years of use being more than $1000 WTF is that shit? thats why i pay for it… i understand they hope you just pay for it and never use it but cmon…

I have gold and have used my allowed tows every year since 2003 and I haven’t had a problem yet. Out in the middle of no where racing and something broke and they’d come pick me up several times and even at the track :tup:

I was even out in canada one night on a sunday for Lundy’s Lane and a friend of mine car broke in a race and they towed then too.

But the yearly AAA is cheaper then buying a truck and trailer :gotme:

maybe it was bc i always said i needed a flatbed. i always really did, my cars were way too low for a reg tow truck

Haha…I have everyone on here beat. I just got dropped by AAA after 3 years or RV plus service. One free 200 mile tow and three free 100 mile tows. In 3 years, I have used every single service that I had available with a flatbed every time. Got a letter from AAA stating that they are basically droping me to basic coverage because I have used over $2,967.24 of services over the last few years. I was pissed to say the least.

Guess I’ll have to get new AAA RV plus under my brother’s name. Good thing we look alike. F*ck AAA and their dropping members policy…

I hate AAA, basically for using the service you pay for, they drop you.

Fuck them.

Weird I have friends who have have maxed out tows home from NYIRP year after year with no issues.

Yeh, I thought that when you pay for a yearly service, you are entitled to it. Whether you barely use it or max it out. Shouldn’t matter. F*ck them!

Can’t blame them for booting people that pile up $1000 tow bills. They’re just protecting the members that use the service responsibly.

I got kicked about 7yrs ago, they said in the letter that they were a “not for profit” business and that I was costing them money

$1000 total for 3 years? so avg. $333.33 per year, been a member for 6 now, renewal is almost $100/year? my letter said around $925 iirc.

i am allowed 8 tows (i think) when i have gold. i may have came close, but i never went over that limit obv. hardly ever went further than a few miles. once or 2x had a pretty far tow, but these thing happen

all my tows were sub 10 miles, I asked for a flatbed on a few occasions only because one of their drivers drug my oil pan on the road using a regular truck once…

:wave:

My dad always buys it for me and my sister for Christmas every year- it’s about as useful as a gift as I could want. I wonder what info they want when you sign someone up? I now have a different address from last year and 2 different vehicles, couldn’t he sign up another relative under a different name and give me the card? They’ve never once asked me for ID, nor do they care who the car being towed is registered to. Hmm…

I always wonder if I am supposed to tip the driver… I’ve used it about 3 times a year since 2004, so thats quite a few I guess. I have the platinum coverage. Like mentioned above, I have never been carded or ID’d by the driver. They just pull up, hook me up, and off we go!

I don’t think you have to. I have when they go out of their way, for instance dropping a car at the top of a long hilly driveway covered in ice (I actually had to run around and put blocks under the tow truck) or when they have actually dropped the car so it rolled right into my garage. Overlooking an unregistered car always got an automatic tip.