AAA questions?

I wanted to scoop AAA incase I ever get stuck somewhere. Does it go by the car or the person? I’m just wondering if there’s a way to get on my parents AAA for an additional cost incurred by me, or if I just have to go out and get it myself

it goes by the person… infact the past 3 tows on my AAA card haven’t even been my own cars :lol:

how much is it?

gold or whatever the top of the line is like 75 a year. I just paid my dads membership

i forget, i have the platinum/premier one it covers 2 long distance tows and one shorter one per year…i wanna say it was $70 it pays for itself (one of the tow bills was $175, which AAA gets to pay of course :slight_smile: )

yes, i have platium as well… i have a DSM package which has yet to fail me

lol dsm package

damn, you only get 1 short term tow per year?

I like to call them when I’m lost.

“Where are you trying to get to?”
“Applebees. Beth and I are going out to lunch and we like the orange chicken bowls.”
“…”

its’ def. by person… but since i have an 2007…my parents don’t think i need AAA…

blah

well all 3 can be “short” tow’s

Get the Gold, well worth it, They came right into NYIRP to get my car when i blew the rear end.Would of been close to $200 for a 60 mile tow home.

how much is the gold, and what does it entail?

Gold is the Plus, the card is gold so i call it that, $75, 2 tows up to 100 miles, probably other stuff that goes with it too, i suppose i should look at the stuff.

http://www.nyaaa.com/membership/memoptions.php

AAA rules. I just had them tow my new winter beater 50 miles home, because I didn’t want to register it yet. Slapped some plates and a sticker on it, done. I’ve already used up all my tows this year.

• $48 for AAA Basic (usually $63)
    • $76 for AAA Plus (usually $91)
    • $101 for AAA Premier (usually $116)

how do you guys get premier for $75? AAA plus only includes one tow, up to 100 miles.

If you ever plan on using this with a motorcycle, make sure you get the one that covers RVs (for some reason, they package RV and motorcycles in the same category). Just :fyi:

hopefully I’ll be buying a trailer next summer so I can tow with my touring

hmm, maybe its cause i’ve had it so maybe the renewal price is cheaper? :gotme: