Absinthe

yeah it was it was like 250 he said. that probably because they ship it to mexico and have young pedro run across the border to the liquor store in texas for shipping…

stuff mag did an article about it a while back it can be orderd online to the us with no problems i will post the sites later… but they say the best way to drink it is to poor it over a suger cube because it is so bitter … the reason it is illeagle in the states is because parts of the worm wood tree have been known to give a halucination. much like acid, it is said that vango,the painter, chop his ear off as a result of too much of the funky green liquid

it’s van gogh

and why don’t you guys just :beer: and :shaggy: if you want to get fucked up… cheaper than $250

yes, over a sugar cube, with a mild flame underneath it actually.

trust me… absinthe is a much better experience… you must try it, before you make a judgement… its well worth it, trust me :slight_smile:

sherlock holmes was all over this stuff. plust johnny depp was doin it up in the movie ‘from hell’. from all i’ve heard dudes just did it to say that they did it. nothing that some laced smoke couldn’t do without the hassle.

I’m not a drug fan… my vice is fine liquors

laced with what?

fine liquor is a drug. :slight_smile:

point is, you’re drinkin for to hallucinate so why not skip the liver damage and go for the gold

i’m not making a judgment, i’m making an economical suggestion.

:wtcslap:

:bigok: Blue I know of many things that will have you seeing little green fairys for under $250 :eek4:

Why is absinthe not sold in the United States?
Absinthe is not sold in the United States because the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not allow the sales of spirited beverages that contain thujone. Real absinthe is made using wormwood, which contains thujone.

Is drinking absinthe containing thujone harmful?
Modern commercially produced absinthe has been shown to contain a safe level of thujone.

In order to comply with European Union (EU) limits, the thujone levels in commercially distilled absinthe must be10mg/l or less. The thujone levels in commercially distilled absinthe in Germany must be 30mg/l or less.

As an example: before you could consume a toxic amount of thujone from drinking commercial absinthe, you would have been suffering from alcohol poisoning.

Modern analysis supports the theory that poor manufacturing processe, and adulterants such as antimony trichloride and cupric acetate, present in cheaper varieties of absinthe produced at the turn of century, of being a higher suspect for acute effects such as restlessness, vomiting, vertigo, muscular disorders, and convulsions.

Q/A Can I buy absinthe in the United States?
No.

Q/A Can I buy absinthe online?
There are many international online stores that offer absinthe.

Q/A Is it safe to buy absinthe online?
It is safe to buy absinthe online from recognized vendors and distributors.

Q/A Can absinthe be shipped (mailed) into the United States?
Absinthe is a “prohibited” item and is subject to being seized by the United States Customs.

http://www.absinthebuyersguide.com/

well looks like that idea was shot down… back to the good ole’ Colt 45 for me…

nah, worst thing that happens when you try to have illegal contraband like that shipped to you from overseas is the customs takes it, sends you a nasty little letter, and you dont get your shit. End of story.

tried it in amsterdam in 2001. they also sell wormwood in some specialty stores so that you can make your own absinth. I’m not a big fan. I just felt really drunk and violent. you have to drink so much to trip your balls off.

:naughty:

Amsterdam = the win

its pretty cheap to go there in feb or march. for $700 i got a round trip ticket and a week stay in a 3 star hotel.

thats fucking sweet. I’d have to bring along a signifigant amount of spending cash as well, as I believe I would be spending a fair amount of time and money sampling the towns coffee shops. I love my coffee.

do you want to come… we are planning a trip next summer :naughty: